APPEALS COURT OVERTURNS DISMISSAL OF FDCPA SUIT BASED ON DESCRIPTION OF DEBT IN LETTER
- The Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit has overturned a lower court’s dismissal of a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case for lack of standing, ruling that the plaintiff had standing because he alleged a concrete injury — that interest was continuing to accrue on an unpaid judgment — by not acting on a settlement offer he received which did not mention that interest was accruing.
FCC ADOPTS NEW RULE TO BATTLE ROBOCALLS
- The Federal Communications Commission has adopted a new rule that requires gateway providers — companies that connect calls between networks — to comply with STIR/SHAKEN caller ID protocols and take additional measures to verify the identity of providers whose traffic they are routing or face having their calls blocked from being connected.
‘BOOMERANG’ EMPLOYEES OFFER NEW HIRING PIPELINE
- Some people are learning the hard way that the grass isn’t always greener somewhere else.
EXPERTS SHARE CONTEXT ON CASES IMPACTING ARM INDUSTRY
- Understanding the context and consequences of court rulings can be difficult. Thankfully, there are experts out there that can do it for us. Rick Perr, Jessica Klander, and Cooper Walker break down the ins and outs of cases impacting the ARM industry in this week’s Compliance Digest, which is brought to you by Bedard Law Group.
HIGHER VALUATIONS AND MORE EFFICIENT TIME-TO-CLOSE WITH NEW CAS SERVICE OFFERING
- Having participated in more than 130 mergers and acquisitions over the last 20 years — representing more than $1.5 billion in total deal value — the team members of Corporate Advisory Solutions (CAS) are pleased to announce their new Exit Strategy service line, focused on helping business owners and executives of global outsourced tech-enabled business services companies prepare for sale.
WORTH NOTING: Maybe this is why people find me so likable … Virtual workouts appear to be here to stay … How to wipe a device remotely if it has been stolen … As someone who is planning a vacation to the happiest place on Earth, I can attest to this … Why a large scale return to work may never happen … A townhouse in New York that has been in the same family for 115 years is now for sale for the bargain price of $13 million … How grocery stores get you to spend more in the checkout line … The Great Resignation is turning into The Great Resistance.
How to discover your authentic self
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.