THE PLIGHT OF HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
- A lengthy, yet well-sourced article on the issues facing hospitals and other healthcare providers as the industry undergoes a seismic shift in its payment structure. Individuals are bearing more of the financial burden than ever before and healthcare providers are grappling with reduced revenues as those individuals do not always say their bills.
MINNESOTA SPEAKER SUED FOR UNPAID CARD DEBTS
- Proof that unpaid debts can hit people of all income levels – the Speaker of the Minnesota legislature has been sued three times in the past year for debts he did not pay and was late on paying his taxes, according to a published report. The Speaker said the debts were due to a lost job during the recession.
OBAMA MEETS WITH FEDERAL REGULATORS
- President Obama met with financial regulators yesterday, including Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Richard Cordray. Obama said that he was trying to fight the conventional wisdom from both sides of the aisle that nothing was done in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis.
CFPB ACCEPTING COMPLAINTS FOR ONLINE MARKETPLACE LOANS
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau announced yesterday that it is now accepting complaints in the area of online marketplace loans. Industry experts think this could be the start of a formal rulemaking process for online marketplace loans.
CONSUMER LOANS GROW, BUT SIZE OF INCREASE IS SHRINKING
- The amount of consumer credit outstanding increased in January, compared to the month before, but the size of the increase was the smallest in more than two years. In fact, the amount of credit card debt declined in January, compared with December.
WORTH NOTING: Denver comes in first in “best places to live” … Apprenticeships are becoming en vogue in the insurance and financial services industry … Why more bosses need to embrace napping at work … Michael Bloomberg says he will not run for president … Lackluster sales are hurting the confidence of small business owners … Erin Andrews won $55 million in a civil suit after a secret nude videos were taken of her … 21 things big data knows about you … Tennis star Maria Sharapova failed a drug test and it’s costing her millions … Where to live if you want to make a lot of money … Researchers have identified the four common traits of billion-dollar companies … 12 habits of the most productive people.
How do you make memories
Do women pay more than men for similar products?
If you have a tip or item you would like to share, or are interested in sponsoring the Daily Digest, please contact me at [email protected].