GETTING TO KNOW NICKOLE FRATZ OF FBCS
- Is there a parallel that can be drawn between someone who trains collectors, but said that if she weren’t in this industry, she would be teaching second graders? All kidding aside, the accolades are piling up for Nickole Fratz, the latest in a line of family members who have worked in the collection and recovery industry. Read on to learn more about Nickole, the touching words she has for her first boss, to whom she credits her success in collections, and how she thrives by having more to do. This content is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
GROUPS SUE CFPB OVER ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
- A group of financial services organizations, along with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, yesterday sued the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, alleging the regulator overstepped its statutory authority when it warned companies about engaging in activities that could be found to be discriminatory and claiming that it is acting outside of the powers that it was given by Congress.
JUDGE GRANTS MOTION TO REMAIN HUNSTEIN CLASS ACTIONS BACK TO STATE COURT
- A District Court judge in Illinois has granted motions in two separate Fair Debt Collection Practices Act class-action lawsuits to remand the cases back to state court, ruling the plaintiffs lacked standing to sue in federal court.
REGIONS BANK FINED FOR SURPRISE OVERDRAFT FEES
- In a consent order that was announced yesterday with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Regions Bank has agreed to pay $191 million in fines and restitution after it was accused of charging its customers “illegal surprise” overdraft fees on certain purchases.
PROVEST INTRODUCES A COMPLIANCE SOLUTION
- ProVest, an industry leader in serving legal process, announced a new compliance solution for its clients. Clients can now follow each audit step taken on every job in the ProVest QA PDF document.
WORTH NOTING: RIP, Coolio. Here are some of his memorable quotes … Is “Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story” Netflix’s next big hit? … Ways a recession might be good for you, financially speaking … How to celebrate National Coffee Day today … What it’s like being on a plane flying through a hurricane … Remote employees are worried they will be the first to be laid off … Cool places in the U.S. where you can still buy a house for under $200,000 … Which four of his movies does Tom Hanks think are “pretty good”?
How to shop smarter at the supermarket
Being comfortable with failing
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.