JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER TEXT MESSAGES
- The plaintiff filed suit after receiving text messages from the defendant, but accidentally named the wrong defendant in the wrong jurisdiction.
- After correcting the error and re-filing, the correct defendant noted that the statute of limitations had expired and filed a motion to dismiss, which the judge granted.
26 COMPANIES SEEKING COLLECTION TALENT
- Looking for a job? Want to see how others are advertising for help? Curious to see who is hiring and for what position? The weekly jobs post offers links to more than two dozen opportunities within the ARM industry.
- Use the post to find new ideas, identify opportunities, and help address your own staffing issues.
- Have a job opening? Post it for free on the AccountsRecovery.net jobs board.
ED. DEPARTMENT DISCHARGES ALL WESTWOOD COLLEGE LOANS
- That means $1.5 billion, owed by 79,00 students, is being automatically wiped clean.
- The school was accused of misrepresenting the value of its credentials and the job prospects for students who graduated.
LAWSUIT VOLUME, COMPLAINT TOTALS KEEP FALLING: WEBRECON
- Save for a small increase in the number of FCRA filings, the volume of lawsuits alleging violations of the FDCPA, FCRA, and TCPA keep falling, as do the number of complaints filed with the CFPB, according to data released by WebRecon.
- The expected spike in lawsuits following the enactment of Regulation F has failed to materialize.
CAPIO ANNOUNCES NEW STRATEGIC FOCUS ON FINANCIAL WELLNESS
- The company is making leadership changes and seeking to make medical debt resolution more affordable.
- The company is also releasing a smartphone app to help patients “negotiate affordable settlement and payment plans.”
WORTH NOTING: Life expectancy in the United States continues to fall … A three-legged alligator in Florida is going viral … Home buyers are getting some of their power back, according to new data … Can you guess how many different ways Totino’s can make its pizza rolls? … The characteristics your leaders need to have if you want your employees to be happy … What does it mean to dress “business professional”? … “I will turn this plane around” one pilot threatened after passengers were sending each other explicit photos … Quantity may matter more than quality when it comes to going to the gym, according to new research.
Would you pass the wallet test?
Movie clip Wednesday
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.