INDUSTRY STARTS WRITING NEW CHAPTER AT ACA CONVENTION
- ORLANDO — Welcome to Orlando, home of Mickey Mouse, the Minions, and, for the next three days, hundreds of sun-kissed and glistening debt collectors attending ACA International’s annual Convention. Swapping the dry heat of Las Vegas for the humidity of Orlando, much has changed for the industry in the past 12 months, and those attending the event are looking forward to catching up with each other and catching up on how the industry has changed and continues to change.
JUDGE PARTIALLY GRANTS MSJ FOR PLAINTIFF IN FDCPA CASE OVER TEXT MESSAGE
- A District Court judge in Alabama has ruled that a debt collector that outsourced the scrubbing of its accounts for bankruptcy filings is not entitled to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act’s bona fide error defense and that the requirement of including the mini-Miranda notice in any communication thus turns any communication into an attempt to collect on a debt, partially granting a plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment.
NCLC PUBLISHES ANALYSIS OF ‘MAJOR QUESTION DOCTRINE’ ON CONSUMER LITIGATION
- Tucked away behind some rulings that generated a lot more attention and possibly because it was issued on the last day of the session, the Supreme Court’s ruling in West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency did not create a lot of buzz. But the National Consumer Law Center has published an analysis of the ruling and its potential impact on consumer litigation, pointing out different strategies that could be used in response to challenges invoking the ruling.
23 COMPANIES SEEKING COLLECTION TALENT
- During this, The Great Resignation Era, I thought it would be helpful to start a regular posting of different jobs within the accounts receivable management industry that I have found online. Please make sure to do your own due diligence before applying for a position included here or accepting any offers. This is merely meant to be a service to aggregate industry job opportunities into one convenient location. If you are hiring, I encourage you to post your listing on the AccountsRecovery.net jobs board (it’s free).
SEDRIC WELCOMES NEW ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS TO SUPPORT ITS GROWTH IN CONSUMER FINANCE MARKET
- Sedric.ai (“Sedric”), an AI-based compliance excellence platform for fintechs and financial services firms, today announced the newest members of its Advisory Board.
WORTH NOTING: The best games of 2022 so far … A quiz that is for the birds … The metropolitan areas of the United States that are the most educated … Free tools that will help you write more betterer … I love a good, old-fashioned sign war … Why you might not want to trust the Amazon reviews you are reading … How to get deals today for National Hot Dog Day … Demand for mortgages is at its lowest point in 22 years.
Why a recession this year would be like any other
Movie Clip Wednesday
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.