CLASS-ACTION ACCUSES COLLECTOR OF NOT HONORING OPT-OUT REQUESTS, NOT SENDING VALIDATION NOTICE
- A class-action complaint has been filed in federal court in Florida accusing a collection agency of ignoring opt-out requests sent by an individual who received text messages from the agency attempting to collect on a debt, and because when the individual attempted to call one of the phone numbers used to send one of the text messages, the number was allegedly not in service.
PANDEMIC DID NOT IMPACT AMOUNT OF MEDICAL DEBT CARRIED BY CONSUMERS: REPORT
- The COVID-19 pandemic that has spent more than two years ravaging its way across the United States has not had any impact on the amount of medical debt being carried by individuals, even though millions were hospitalized and countless others lost their jobs — and their health insurance, according to data that has been published in the JAMA Health Forum.
NEW CALIF. PRIVACY AGENCY RELEASES FIRST DRAFT OF CCPA REGULATION
- The California Privacy Protection Agency has released a draft of its proposed regulations that would implement the California Consumer Privacy Act, but the draft only addresses a small number of the 22 different topics that the CPPA needs to address.
23 COMPANIES SEEKING COLLECTION TALENT
- Looking for a job? Looking to see who might be hiring in your neck of the woods? Wondering how others are using their job listings to attract candidates? Check out the AccountsRecovery.net weekly job listings summary. This week’s listing includes ads from 23 different companies across a range of job descriptions. If you are hiring, I encourage you to post your listing on the AccountsRecovery.net jobs board.
IQOR SELECTS CONTRACTPODAI TO OPTIMIZE CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
- As part of iQor’s emphasis on digital technology innovation, the managed services provider of customer engagement and technology-enabled business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions has selected ContractPodAi to drive greater insights into its contract lifecycle management processes.
WORTH NOTING: Hurricane season starts today. Here are some tips to help you prepare … Drinking coffee may help you live longer … How to stop inflation from squeezing your wallet … How the president plans to tackle inflation … Why your next appliance should be a smart one … Netflix’s crackdown on sharing passwords is already a “mess” … How “The Great Reshuffling” is affecting house prices … Elon Musk had some interesting advice about allowing employees to work remotely.
The world’s most useless mega-projects
Can you solve these riddles?
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.