VICTIMS OF ALLEGED COLLECTION LAW FIRM SCAMMERS SUE IN STATE COURT
- A trio of plaintiffs who unsuccessfully tried to sue a collection law firm and three attorneys — who are facing charges for multiple felonies after allegedly forging proofs of service in collection lawsuits — in federal court have taken their case to state court, claiming violations of the Michigan Collection Practices Act.
CLASS ACTION ACCUSES COLLECTOR OF LEAVING OUT SOME REG F DISCLOSURES IN INITIAL NOTIFICATION
- A class-action lawsuit has been filed in federal court in Nevada, accusing a pair of companies of violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by allegedly sending an initial notification to the plaintiff without including all of the required validation information required under Regulation F. The notification was sent in December, after Reg F went into effect.
ANTHEM CALLED OUT FOR UNPAID CLAIMS
- One of the largest health insurance companies in the nation is under increasing scrutiny from hospitals over allegations that it is not fully paying out claims and inappropriately denying others. Hospitals across the country are no longer contracting with Anthem over the issues, according to published reports.
VOAPPS HIRES KIRBY MILLER AS CHIEF REVENUE OFFICER TO LEAD STRATEGIC GROWTH
- VoApps, Inc., provider of DirectDrop Voicemail, announced today that Kirby Miller has been hired as Chief Revenue Officer to lead the company’s ambitious strategic growth initiatives. Miller will be tasked with supporting the existing sales team in the core industries of accounts receivables management, online lending, banks and credit unions, as well as new market expansion, strategic partnerships, marketing and sales team growth.
EXPERTS SHARE CONTEXT ON CASES IMPACTING ARM INDUSTRY
- Understanding the context and consequences of court rulings can be difficult. Thankfully, there are experts out there that can do it for us. Brit Suttell, Brent Yarborough, Laurie Nelson, Jessica Klander, Amanda Griffith, Virginia Bell Flynn, and Avanti Bakane break down the ins and outs of cases impacting the ARM industry in this week’s Compliance Digest, which is brought to you by Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: For anyone who has dreamed of working in a post office, this may be the one for you … Are you as disappointed as I am at having missed out on GoldenCon? … A lottery winner claims a mistake made by the cashier is how he got his winning numbers … What to do if you get a “math error” notice from the Internal Revenue Service … Isn’t this the hazard of buying a house on a golf course? … If you’re curious was a $48 million mansion in Florida looks like on the inside … Did you know that all U-Haul trucks have Arizona license plates? … Are you all in on Pickleball?
Is money even real?
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.