GETTING TO KNOW KATIE BORCHERS OF BEYOND GREEN SOLUTIONS
- Katie Borchers is that rarest of unicorns — someone who looked at the accounts receivable management industry from outside and said, “I think I can be really good at that. I want to try it.” Launching a start-up agency with her partner last year, Katie has already made quite the splash in the ARM industry, and everyone is bullish on her prospects because of the enthusiasm and passion she brings to the job on a daily basis. Read on to learn more about Katie, how she came up with the idea to start an agency from the ground up, and how much coffee she is allowed to drink before she gets cut off. This series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA OVERSHADOWING CASE
- A District Court judge in Kentucky has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss and denied a plaintiff’s request for leave to file an amended complaint after filing a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act lawsuit against a collection law firm for allegedly overshadowing the validation notice by mentioning in a collection letter that a lawsuit might be filed if the debt was not paid.
CLASS-ACTION FDCPA SUIT FILED OVER SETTLEMENT OFFER LANGUAGE IN COLLECTION LETTER
- A class-action lawsuit has been filed in Florida against a collector for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because the discount offers that were included in a collection letter were vague and deceptive.
REPORT ANALYZES GROWING NUMBER OF COMPLAINTS RELATED TO BNPL PRODUCTS
- Analyzing complaints that have been filed with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Better Business Bureau related to Buy Now, Pay Later products, a consumer advocacy organization has published a report showing that “hidden fees, interest and debt collection problems” can harm consumers.
DCM SERVICES MOVES INTO STATE-OF-THE-ART OFFICE HEADQUARTERS
- DCM Services, LLC (DCMS) the industry leader in estate and specialty account recovery solutions, has recently moved into a new office headquarters at The BLOC, located at 1550 American Boulevard E, Suite 200 in Bloomington, MN. DCM Services has seen exciting growth in recent years and the new office site offers the setting necessary for further developing employees, better servicing clients, and facilitating future growth.
WORTH NOTING: If you are stuck with some unhealthy habits because of the pandemic, here is how to reboot yourself … This is a pretty smart idea that will probably save some lives … If you are holding out on filling up because you’re hoping gas prices will go down, you might not want to hold your breath … The 10 colleges that produce the most CEOs … A company sent out severance checks before telling people they were getting laid off … More tips to help you save money when getting gas … Tips to make your alarm volume louder and make sure it goes off properly … Why this tax season is extra frustrating.
The mind-bending art of deep time
Trailer Tuesday, on a Thursday
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.