INDUSTRY EXPERTS SHARE PREDICTIONS FOR 2022
- As we embark on another trip around the sun, whether it will be an enjoyable trip or one that is fraught with danger is anyone’s guess. Would you have predicted a case like Hunstein last year and the impact it would have? Nevertheless, AccountsRecovery.net asked experts from across the industry for their thoughts on whether they feel 2022 will be a better or worse year for the ARM industry than 2021? Here is what they had to say.
JANUARY 1 MEANS NEW LAWS NOW IN EFFECT
- Along with college football and resolutions, January 1 is also a day when new laws often take effect, and there are some that went into effect that apply to the accounts receivable management industry.
FCC MAKES CHANGES TO REASSIGNED NUMBERS DATABASE TO IMPROVE USEFULNESS
- The Federal Communications Commission last week issued supplemental guidance related to the Reassigned Numbers Database that updates the information included in the database in an attempt to make it more useful, after reports were surfacing that users were expressing concerns and were reluctant to use it.
CALIF. APPEALS COURT AFFIRMS RULING PROHIBITING BAIL COMPANY FROM COLLECTING ON $38M
- The California Court of Appeals last week upheld a lower court’s ruling barring a company from collecting on $38 million of unpaid debt because consumers were not provided the proper disclosures in advance.
EXPERTS OFFER INSIGHTS INTO LATEST LEGAL RULINGS
- Each week, AccountsRecovery.net publishes summaries of legal rulings that are impacting the accounts receivable management industry. But those summaries don’t necessarily provide insight into what you need to do — if anything — as a result of those rulings. For that, I turn to the experts. Every week, the top legal minds of the industry weigh in on those rulings, providing much-needed context and insight to help you better understand the rulings and be better informed when making important decisions. This week, Shannon Miller, Michael Klutho, Brit Suttell, Aylix Jensen, Lauren Valenzuela, David Kaminski, Chuck Dodge, Virginia Bell Flynn, and Leslie Bender share their wisdom with you. This series is sponsored by Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: A lot of people across America are pessimistic about the future of democracy … What life was like in America 50 years ago, compared with today … Americans want to save more money in 2022 than they did last year … For people who want to sync their calendars to the solar system so never to miss an eclipse, rocket launch, or meteor shower ever again … A negative test result might be part of ending COVID isolation early … Cooking is out and nuking is back in again … The most anticipated television shows of 2022 … Lost your get up and go? How to get it back.
Remembering Betty White
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.