GETTING TO KNOW DON SILER OF CREDENCE GLOBAL SOLUTIONS
- They say that traumatic events can completely change your outlook on life. Don Siler is living proof of that. Now able to talk about the heart attack he suffered when he was 40 years old, Don luckily walked away from the experience with a new outlook on life and a better understanding of the importance of work/life balance. Read on to learn more about Don’s experience, how it has helped him better understand what his priorities are, and why you’ll never find him eating lunch at his desk! The Getting to Know series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF YESTERDAY’S LETTER VENDOR RULING
- The shockwaves are still reverberating through the accounts receivable management industry following yesterday’s ruling in Hunstein v. Preferred Collection and Management Services, Inc., and the question on many minds is, how bad is this going to get?
- A recap of the ruling, in which an Appeals Court determined that transmitting information to a letter vendor is a violation of the third-party disclosure provisions of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, is available by clicking here.
JUDGE GRANTS MSJ FOR DEFENDANT IN FDCPA CASE OVER ALLEGEDLY FRAUDULENT LOAN
- Claiming you have been the victim of identity theft is not enough to get a collection item removed from your credit report, a District Court judge in California has ruled, granting a defendant’s motion for summary judgment after the plaintiff claimed it violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by continuing to report the debt to a credit reporting agency after being notified of the alleged fraud.
FTC REFUNDING $4M TO CONSUMERS VICTIMIZED BY COLLECTION SCAM
- The Federal Trade Commission yesterday announced it is returning more than $4 million to 10,000 individuals who were scammed by a debt collector more than five years ago. The refunds were to replace money lost by individuals who were taken advantage of by a series of companies that allegedly threatened and intimidated individuals into making payments on phantom payday loans that were not owed, or not owed to the defendants, and who allegedly sold portfolios of fake loans to debt collectors — the first time the FTC ever made such an allegation.
WORTH NOTING: Scientists are asking if we need to keep wearing masks outside … Fans of lasagna and macaroni and cheese no longer have to make a choice about which to eat … Aaron Rodgers has been very well-received as host of “Jeopardy!” … What you need to know about NFT’s, or Nifties … How to get back in the swing of socializing when you go back to working in the office … A buying guide to the best tablets … Is there a need to go back and count election ballots from six months ago? … You can now buy the bulletproof home in Arizona that was owned by Steven Seagal.
Reasons why you aren’t getting a raise
How to organize your cords
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.