GETTING TO KNOW DEREK HOLLIS OF WILLIAMS & FUDGE
- Like many, Derek Hollis didn’t like it when people used to ask him what he did for a living. But an epiphany he had one day changed all of that and now he looks forward to being asked what he does for a living so he can tell everyone exactly what he does. Read on to learn more about Derek, how improv’s loss is our gain, and how collections is a lot like teaching algebra and coaching baseball.
APPEALS COURT RULES SETTLEMENT DOES NOT ENTITLE PLAINTIFF TO ATTORNEY’S FEES
- In a case that was defended by Robbie Malone and Xerxes Martin of Malone Frost Martin, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has determined that a plaintiff in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case is not entitled to have his attorney’s fees paid by the defendant, because he settled his case before it could be ruled on by a judge or jury, affirming a lower court’s ruling.
BILL INTRODUCED TO KEEP ‘PREDATORY’ COLLECTORS FROM ACCESSING PPP LOANS
- A bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives that seeks to cut off any debt collector from receiving additional funds under the Paycheck Protection Program if that collector has been found to have violated any provision of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by a federal agency or an action brought in a court of competent jurisdiction.
CFPB PROPOSES DELAY IN ENACTMENT OF DEBT COLLECTION RULE
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau today announced it is issuing a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking aimed at delaying the effective date of Regulation F, its debt collection rule, until January 29, 2022.
NATIONWIDE CREDIT CORP. CONNECTS WITH OUR COMMUNITY
- Alexandria, VA-based accounts receivable firm, Nationwide Credit Corporation (NCC), makes a difference in our community through service towards charitable organizations and continued engagement in local initiatives and legislation impacting our industry.
WORTH NOTING: Has it really come to this? Ketchup packets being sold on eBay? … These are the most popular rides at Disney World … A new study reveals how much being depressed ages you … A lot of employees will quit rather than be forced to go back to the office five days a week … The youngest billionaire in the world is a teenager living in Germany who inherited his money from his father … How to manage your mess of cables once and for all … How a life was saved because of TikTok … An ode to the worst airport gate in America.
iPhone tips and tricks
Kids talk about the highs and lows of the COVID-19 pandemic
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.