SUPREME COURT ISSUES RULING IN FACEBOOK v. DUGUID
- The Supreme Court yesterday issued its ruling in Facebook v. Duguid, reversing and remanding the case back to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. The Court, in an unanimous opinion, held that an automated telephone dialing service as defined in the Telephone Consumer Protection Act must be that has “the capacity either to store a telephone number using a random or sequential generator or to produce a telephone number using a random or sequential number generator.”
APPEALS COURT AFFIRMS RULING FOR CRO SUED BY COLLECTORS FOR ALLEGEDLY SENDING FRAUDULENT DISPUTES
- The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has upheld a ruling in favor of a credit repair organization that was sued by a debt collector for allegedly perpetrating a fraud by failing to disclose it was sending letters to the collector in its clients names and on their behalves, ruling that the collector did not do enough to prove that the credit repair organization committed fraud.
CALIFORNIA SUPREME COURT OVERTURNS CALL RECORDING RULING
- The California Supreme Court yesterday overturned a lower court’s ruling, determining that the parties and nonparties must get consent from everyone on a wireless or cellular phone call before making a recording.
JUDGE APPROVES $1.1M SETTLEMENT IN FDCPA CASE
- A federal judge in California has approved a $1.1 million settlement in a class-action lawsuit in which a debt collector was accused of violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by using false threats of imprisonment to coerce individuals into making payments.
FFAM360 FORGIVES $90M OF CANCER TREATMENT DEBT
- The FFAM360 Alliance of Companies recently purchased and forgave $90 million dollars of medical debt owed by more than 38,000 patients at a leading cancer treatment center that serves cancer patients across the United States.
WORTH NOTING: A ruthless ranking of the 25 best muppets … People are always going to look more at what you have in your background than you … Do you yearn for the good ole’ days? Here is why we romanticize the past … Why sometimes it’s better to be feared rather than loved … Is Amazon Prime worth it? … Turning to TikTok for financial advice … What you should be asking your taxi driver when you’re traveling … The best sports episodes of “The Simpsons” … Changes to your LinkedIn profile you need to know about.
How different animals are trained for movies and TV shows
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.