GETTING TO KNOW CASEY SIMMONS OF CLONTZ & CLONTZ
- Casey Simmons is one of those people that you look at and wonder, “Why can’t I be as organized as her?” Between tracking the number of books she reads every year and knowing exactly how many other women share the same personality traits that she does, it’s clear that she isn’t overstating herself when she says she is “extremely organized.” Perhaps it is that attention to detail that is what makes her so good at her job. Read on to learn more about Casey and the importance that Taylor Swift plays in helping her be productive. This series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
COLLECTOR REACHES $1.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT IN EMPLOYEE OVERTIME SUIT
- A motion has been filed in Virginia federal court to approve a settlement between a group of employees and the debt collector they work for that will see the collector pay $1.5 million after it was accused of not paying the employees for overtime that was worked.
BILL INTRODUCED IN NEVADA TO RESTRICT COLLECTION OF MEDICAL DEBTS
- A bill has been introduced in the Nevada Senate that would require collection agencies to notify consumers at least two months before attempting to collect on a debt, while also prohibiting filing a collection lawsuit to recover unpaid medical debts if the balance is less than $10,000.
- As we turn our attention to another episode of “All My Garnishments” there have been a number of developments aimed at keeping debt collectors from garnishing the economic stimulus funds that are now being deposited into the bank accounts of consumers nationwide.
KEYNOTE ADDRESS AT RMAI 2021 ANNUAL CONFERENCE LOOKS AHEAD
- RMAI brings the next best thing to a crystal ball to its 2021 Annual Conference. The keynote address, “Looking Ahead – The Future of the Collection Industry,” features former Deputy Director of the Consumer Financial Protections Bureau (CFPB), Thomas B. Pahl. Pahl will share his insights for the future of the collections industry amid new regulations and the new administration.
WORTH NOTING: A bowl bought at a yard sale for $35 was auctioned off more more than $721,000 yesterday … This tragedy happened one town over from where I live … The Internal Revenue Service pushed the deadline to file 2020 returns to mid-May yesterday … Why you shouldn’t trust the ratings assigned to nursing homes … Are you taking enough micro-breaks? … How to figure out if your employee is worth the investment … Tide wants you to stop using warm water to wash your laundry … How people plan on spending their stimulus funds.
Drones help celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
Answering questions about CrossFit
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.