GETTING TO KNOW JENNY FELTS OF PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNT SERVICES
- There are countless studies that illustrate the importance of the relationships that a person has with his or her co-workers and managers to that person continuing to work at a company. The affection and admiration that Jenny Felts has for her team at Professional Account Services is likely why she has spent nearly two decades at the company, with no plans to stop anytime soon. Read on to learn more about Jenny and why her nightly routine is one to which all parents can relate. This series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
APPEALS COURT AFFIRMS MSJ AGAINST DEBT BUYER IN CONTRACT BREACH CASE
- The Third Circuit Court of Appeals has affirmed a lower court’s ruling in favor of a defendant that was sued by a debt buyer for failing to provide the proper information for accounts that were purchased by the buyer because it did not send its emails to the address noted in the underlying agreement.
ACTING FTC CHAIR OUTLINES PRIORITIES
- Much has been written about how changes at the top of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau are going to impact the accounts receivable management industry, but there are two other government regulators that also police debt collectors — the Federal Communications Commission and the Federal Trade Commission. And each of those agencies — like the CFPB — are currently being run by Acting Chairs. President Biden has yet to name his replacements to be the permanent Chairman or Chairwoman of either agency, so the Acting Chairs — Jessica Rosenworcel at the FCC and Rebecca Kelly Slaughter at the FTC — will be in place for the foreseeable future.
NCLC REPORT SPOTLIGHTS GROWING PROBLEM OF UNPAID UTILITY DEBTS
- A big bill is coming due soon for a lot of people across the country who are likely to end up hearing from debt collectors but are probably not going to be able to repay the debt, according to a report from the National Consumer Law Center. The NCLC’s report did a deep-dive into the issue in one state, highlighting how the moratoriums that have been placed on utility payments during the COVID-19 pandemic have sent the amounts owed by consumers through the roof with no set plans about how to address the situations when those moratoriums end.
CROWN ASSET MANAGEMENT ANNOUNCES 2020 FIRM AND AGENCY OF THE YEAR AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Crown Asset Management, LLC is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2020 Firm and Agency of the Year Awards. Two exceptional companies are recognized each year for their significant commitment to compliance and dedication to receivables industry standards.
WORTH NOTING: The COVID-19 pandemic did a number on the average life expectancy in the United States … What it’s been like to live in Texas this week … What Americans trust when it comes to going on vacation … Get $1 million for answering this question … How to get a free donut from Krispy Kreme today … Answering common tax questions … A buyer’s guide for anyone in the market for smart light bulbs … That’s one way, but not a smart way, to get out of having to wear a facemask.
How to write an email that will always be answered
The different accents you’ll find across America
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.