EXPERTS WEIGH IN: WILL 2021 BE BETTER OR WORSE THAN 2020?
- To many, 2020 was a dumpster fire of unprecedented proportions. But to many in the ARM industry, 2020 was a pretty good year, all things considered. AccountsRecovery.net asked eight experts — Jack Brown, Jeff Freedman, Kelly Parsons-O’Brien, David Schultz, Jack Gordon, Christy Barger, Michael Lamm, and McKay Bird — will 2021 be better or worse than 2020. Here is what they said.
COURT GRANTS CLASS CERTIFICATION, MSJ FOR PLAINTIFF IN FDCPA CASE
- A District Court judge in Illinois has granted a plaintiff’s motion for class certification as well as a motion for summary judgment in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case that hinged on the defendant’s inclusion of an internal notation when it identified the creditor to whom the debt was owed in a collection letter.
STATES SUE BANK REGULATOR TO OVERTURN ‘TRUE LENDER’ RULE
- A group of eight state attorneys general filed suit yesterday in federal court in New York to block a rule that was issued by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency that aimed to close a gap in the process of banks selling loans to third parties, such as debt buyers, arguing that the rule allows predatory lenders to circumvent state usury laws.
KATABAT EXPANDS PRODUCT REACH BY ACQUIRING SIMPLICITY COLLECTION SOFTWARE
- Katabat, a leading global provider of debt management software solutions for lenders, fintechs, and collection agencies, announced today that it has acquired Simplicity Collection Software of Idaho Falls, Idaho. The acquisition aligns with and accelerates Katabat’s vision to be the dominant provider of debt collection software products for global consumer lenders and third-party agencies. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
ALLIANT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT GIVES BACK THROUGH HOLIDAY FOOD DRIVE
- This holiday season, Alliant Capital Management is hosting a food drive for the St Luke’s Mission of Mercy Church to provide meals for the homeless in our community. Our generous team has been bringing in donations of non-perishable food items that will help provide holiday meals for neighbors in need.
WORTH NOTING: The latest on the Senate races in Georgia … A trick to store homemade cookies to keep them fresh longer … This deal will have beer drinkers rooting for a lot of snow this winter … A lot of people said they would quit rather than be forced to back to the office to work … 74 favorite facts of 2020 … This is one of those “someone thought this was a good idea?” situations (may not be 100% safe for work) … One school district sent a police officer to speak with a high school student over a failing grade … Shoe cobblers want everyone to know the pandemic has been rough on them, too.
Tips to help you pay off debt
For fans of “The Mandalorian”
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Prodigal. Prodigal is bringing the power of AI and machine learning to lenders, creditors and collection agencies. Prodigal’s world class speech recognition software, monitors every call for compliance and collector performance with its AI trained for optimal accuracy and actionable results. Prodigal unlocks hidden value in a collection contact centre’s vast corpus of unstructured audio data by making it searchable and enabling them to improve compliance, increase operational efficiency and win new clients.