COLLECTOR FILES MOTION TO HAVE PLAINTIFF’S ATTORNEY DISQUALIFIED
- A company being sued for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act has filed a motion seeking to have the plaintiff’s counsel disqualified and to have attorney’s fees awarded, accusing the counsel of contacting the company directly and asking questions about the type of business the company conducted and then denying she was affiliated with a law firm.
HOW HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS ARE OVERHAULING THEIR PATIENT COLLECTION OPERATIONS
- Healthcare providers are overhauling their patient collection operations, according to the results of a survey conducted by the Healthcare Financial Management Association, with 88% of the respondents saying COVID-19 has impacted their collections approach in some way and 18% saying the coronavirus has impacted their approach in every way.
EDUCATION DEPARTMENT ROLLS OUT NEW LOAN FORGIVENESS WEBSITE
- The Department of Education has unveiled a new website aimed at helping individuals who are seeking debt relief after being defrauded by a college, but critics of the administration’s efforts say the changes are mostly cosmetic, according to a published report.
ezPAY365 HIRES RON BONAVITA, DIRECTOR OF SALES
- ezPay365, payment processing provider for the ARM industry, has named Ron Bonavita, Director, Sales strengthening our long-term commitment to the payments industry.
READ EXPERT PERSPECTIVES ON TRENDING COMPLIANCE TOPICS
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest. You’ll get insights and opinions from eight different compliance experts — Nicole Strickler, Michael Klutho, Sarah Demoss, Mitch Williamson, Shannon Miller, Xerxes Martin, Leslie Bender, and Jonathan Robbin — discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else. The Compliance Digest is sponsored by The Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: How small cities are a boon for remote workers, especially during the pandemic … A 14-year old went on a 1,200-mile joyride with his 11-year old girlfriend … Lego is unveiling its biggest kit ever, a 9,000-piece model of the Colosseum … The best Black Friday deals to shop right now … Not that you can get either, but a side-by-side comparison of the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X … The best headphones and earbuds for less than $100 … The clemency plea of a woman on death row who is set to be executed next month is in jeopardy after her lawyers tested positive for COVID-19 … Looking at how members of Generation Y are managing their finances …
Getting more sleep can help you feel smarter
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.