GETTING TO KNOW SARAH DEMOSS OF PREMIERE CREDIT
- Sarah DeMoss might be the first person ever from Alaska to participate in the Getting to Know series, which makes her one-of-a-kind right off the bat. Add in her proactive approach to managing her team and that makes her even more special. Read on to learn more about Sarah and why she never gets bored in her job. This series is sponsored by Arbeit.
JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER CALL TO WORK PHONE, LACK OF RESPONSE TO VALIDATION REQUEST
- A District Court judge in Iowa has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss after it was sued for violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because it contacted the plaintiff at his place of employment and never received validation of the debt after he requested it from the defendant.
ENCORE POSTS STRONG 2Q RESULTS
- Most collection agencies are private companies, and do not have to release their financial statements. So all we outsiders have to go on is anecdotal or empirical information about how companies in the industry are doing. But there are a couple of companies that are publicly traded and one of them released their second quarter financial statements yesterday, which offered the first glimpse into the economic impact that the coronavirus pandemic is having on companies in the accounts receivable management industry.
BEST PLACES TO WORK IN COLLECTIONS
- Crown Asset Management, LLC (CAM), a leading purchaser of charged-off debt and RMAI “Certified Professional Receivables Company”, was recently selected as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Collections.
KATABAT ATTRACTS SIGNIFICANT GROWTH INVESTMENT FROM TRITIUM PARTNERS AND TERMINUS CAPITAL
- Katabat, a leading global provider of debt management software solutions for lenders, fintechs, and collection agencies, announced today a strategic growth investment from Tritium Partners, a growth-focused private equity firm with extensive experience investing in fintech and financial services companies, and Terminus Capital, an enterprise software private equity firm.
WORTH NOTING: How teachers fell about returning to school to teach your kids … When Dr. Fauci thinks we might see a vaccine for coronavirus … Photos from the massive explosion in Beirut paint a tragic picture … Employees prefer a competitive workplace, according new research … Instagram has a released a TikTok clone … Meet the professor who has accurately predicted the winner of every presidential race since 1984 and see who he thinks will win this November … Who wants mac and cheese for breakfast? … How online retailers get you to spend more money … Reviewing a new “Star Trek” animated series.
For fans of baths
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.