NLRB INVALIDATES COLLECTION AGENCY’S EMPLOYEE AGREEMENT
- The National Labor Relations Board has ruled that a collection agency is engaging in unfair labor practices and ordered it to stop using a mandatory arbitration clause in its agreements with employees because the language in the agreement restricts the rights of employees when an employment dispute occurs.
SENATE REPUBLICANS UNVEIL LATEST STIMULUS BILL, GARNISHMENT EXEMPTION TO BE INCLUDED
- Senate Republicans yesterday introduced their latest pandemic relief bill, the Health, Economic Assistance, Liability Protection and Schools (HEALS) Act, which includes another round of stimulus checks for individuals and more loans for small businesses, but whether any proposed moratoriums on debt collection activities is to be included will have to wait until the official text of the bill is released.
RIP MEDICAL DEBT GEST THUMBS UP FROM HHS TO BUY DIRECTLY FROM HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
- Hospitals and healthcare organizations have been given permission by the Department of Health & Human Services’s Office of Inspector General to sell their debts directly to RIP Medical Debt without having to go through a third-party, according to an advisory opinion released last week.
CONSUMER GROUPS APPEAL FCC’S TCPA RULING ON P2P TEXTS
- A number of consumer advocacy groups have asked the Federal Communications Commission to re-think a Declaratory Ruling related to interpreting how peer-to-peer messages are defined under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
MARYLAND AG PROPOSES EXTENDING COLLECTION MORATORIUM THROUGH JANUARY 2021
- The Attorney General of Maryland has proposed extending a moratorium on evictions and debt collection actions through Jan. 31, 2021.
WORTH NOTING: How to level up your coffee game … What to expect as NFL training camps open … Is the Major League Baseball season falling apart less than a week after it started? … Apps to help you start a new habit … How to solve the annoyances caused by wearing masks … The biggest mistake people make when wearing masks … What happens when a pandemic meets a heat wave … The colleges that pay off the most.
Microwave cleaning hacks
How to avoid surprise medical bills
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.