JUDGE GRANTS MSJ FOR DEFENSE IN FDCPA OVERSHADOWING CASE
- A District Court judge in New Jersey has granted a defendant’s motion for summary judgment after it was sued for a number of alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, including duplicating part of the validation notice on both sides of a collection letter.
COLLECTION SCAMMER SENTENCED TO 12 MONTHS IN PRISON
- A Lockport, N.Y., woman who was convicted of conspiracy to commit wire fraud as part of a debt collection scam has been sentenced to 12 months in prison by a District Court judge on Friday.
CFPB ANNOUNCES ANPR COMING ON CONSUMER ACCESS TO FINANCIAL DATA
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on Friday announced its intention to release an Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that seeks to provide individuals with more access to their financial records.
IMAGINED.CLOUD WELCOMES RICK REGAN
- Rick Regan, Co-Founder, joins Imagined.cloud to head North American sales. Rick’s experience providing enterprise solutions in the ARM and BPO industries strengthens Imagined.cloud executive team. With over twenty years of proven client engagement, Mr. Regan brings the knowledge and understanding necessary to build lasting relationships within the industry.
READ EXPERT PERSPECTIVES ON TRENDING COMPLIANCE TOPICS
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest. You’ll get insights and opinions from nine different compliance experts — Carlos Ortiz, Aylix Jensen, Mitch Williamson, Dennis Barton, Stefanie Jackman, Heath Morgan, Katy Spicer, Jonathan Robbin, and Shannon Miller — discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else. The Compliance Digest is sponsored by The Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: Why being alone can be restorative and how to make the most out of the alone time you have … Even the Joker needs some R&R time every now and then … Because Texas isn’t dealing with enough right now … Quite possibly some of the best news I’ve ever read … A chart to help you decide what you can/can’t and should/shouldn’t do … The best headphones and earbuds for less than $100 … Deodorant sales are down, but ice cream sales are up during the pandemic … Americans say they need less money to feel rich than they did in the past … Asking 20 medical experts if they are sending their kids to school …
How to charge your iPhone faster
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.