SUPREME COURT RULING IN TCPA CASE
- The Supreme Court yesterday ruled that the Telephone Consumer Protection Act does not need to be invalidated in order to correct a violation of the First Amendment in which it allowed collection calls to cell phones without prior consent when collecting debts that were owed to or guaranteed by the federal government.
- Click here to read a summary of comments related to the Supreme Court’s decision.
APPEALS COURT AFFIRMS DISMISSAL OF FDCPA CLASS ACTIONS OVER ‘MISLEADING’ STATEMENTS IN LETTERS
- As far as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is concerned, there is a huge difference between a collection letter that may be misleading and individuals who received that letter actually being misled, according to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, which yesterday upheld the dismissal of two suits.
GROUPS SUBMIT COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS TO FCC ABOUT CALL BLOCKING SAFE HARBOR
- A number of associations, including ACA International and the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management are urging the Federal Communications Commission to require voice service providers to notify individuals when calls are automatically blocked because it is the only way someone may find out that a legitimate call was inadvertently kept from being connected.
VERIFACTS VOLUNTEERS AT SAUK VALLEY FOODBANK
- VeriFacts, LLC recently volunteered at the Sauk Valley Foodbank in Sterling, Ill., to help feed hundreds of local families who are facing food insecurity.
REVENLY NAMES LARRY PUFFER DIRECTOR OF SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Revenly is proud to announce Larry Puffer has joined the company as their new Director of Sales and Business Development.
WORTH NOTING: A lot of people have permanently moved because of the coronavirus pandemic … I bet he didn’t yell “fore” before he shot … Patrick Mahomes won’t have to worry about money for the rest of his life … Apps for when you need a five-minute break … COVID-19 era recruiting and hiring tips … If you want to get paid for playing “Animal Crossing” … How to put a passcode on your smartphone’s apps … A pastor who allowed congregants to hug and shake hands now has more than 50 individuals with coronavirus in his flock.
Major changes coming to job interviews
Is it safe to go to the doctor during a pandemic?
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.