INDUSTRY GROUPS ASK NYC DCA TO DELAY EFFECTIVE DATE OF LANGUAGE ACCESS RULE
- A number of industry trade groups are asking the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs to delay the effectiveness date of its new language access rule because plaintiff’s attorneys may still use the inability of a collection agency to comply with the rule during the 60-day enforcement grace period against them.
DEBT RELIEF COMPANY SETTLES WITH N.Y. AG, WILL REPAY $3.6M TO CUSTOMERS
- For the second time in nine years, the Attorney General of New York has reached a settlement with a debt relief company that was accused of engaging in deceptive practices.
CFPB RULE MAKES IT EASIER FOR HOMEOWNERS IN FORBEARANCE PROGRAMS
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau yesterday issued an interim final rule that will make it easier for individuals in mortgage forbearance programs to repay the balances that were accrued, which companies in the credit and collection industry may want to use as a blueprint for any forbearance programs it has put into place to help individuals affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
RISING WATER BILLS A GROWING PROBLEM FOR MANY ACROSS THE COUNTRY
- Among one of the things that so many of us take for granted is running water in our homes and offices. Toilets that flush, showers that work, and dishes that can be cleaned are all things that might go overlooked. But a new report reveals that water prices have increased 80% during the past eight years and millions of Americans are facing unaffordable bills and significant debts for such an important component of what we think of when we think of a civilized life.
CROWN ASSET MANAGEMENT WELCOMES SHAWN P. BRADLEY
- Crown Asset Management, LLC announced today that it has hired Shawn P. Bradley as Director of Finance. Mr. Bradley was previously a Senior Director of Business Development for Ovation Partners, an Austin, Texas based private credit fund.
WORTH NOTING: Fans of baseball should be root, root, rooting for the home team today … Was it a noose or was it a garage door pull? … A lot of people are losing sleep over money because of the coronavirus pandemic … Why you might be driving over more potholes on the roads this summer … What poker can teach you about psychology … The books that book store owners are recommending as the best summer reads … The Segway is being retired … The hidden expenses of working from home … A question for everyone venturing outside these days.
What you can cook in an air fryer
The biggest mistakes you can make wearing a mask
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.