JUDGE DISMISSES FDCPA SUIT AFTER TWO AGENCIES REPORT SAME DEBT TO CREDIT BUREAU
- A District Court judge in Connecticut has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss after it was sued for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because it was one of two collection agencies that reported the same unpaid debt to a credit bureau.
HEALTHCARE SPENDING, NUMBER OF PEOPLE WITHOUT INSURANCE, HEADING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS
- There were one million more people without health insurance in 2018 compared with a year earlier, and national healthcare spending hit a record $3.6 trillion last year, according to data released by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) last week. That $3.6 trillion works out to more than $11,100 per person in the U.S.
TCPA CLASS-ACTION FILED OVER COLLECTION CALLS MADE TO CELL PHONE
- A class-action lawsuit has been filed alleging that Bank of America violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by making debt collection calls to individuals on their cell phone using an automated telephone dialing system after the individual had indicated he was being represented by an attorney.
THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN COLLECTING URBAN AND RURAL HEALTHCARE DEBT
- For companies collecting on healthcare debt, the geography of that debt is becoming more and more important in determining how likely someone is going to be at repaying it, according to published reports.
EXPERTS SHARE INSIGHTS INTO TRENDING COMPLIANCE TOPICS
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest, sponsored by Applied Innovation. You’ll get insights and opinions from eight different compliance experts — David Kaminski, Michael Klutho, Brit Suttell, Helen Mac Murray, Laurie Nelson, Monica Littmann, Ethan Ostroff, and Jason Cover — discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else.
WORTH NOTING: You might not know the name Caroll Spinney, but you knew the characters he played … Russia has been banned from participating in next year’s Tokyo Olympics … Why cruise lines keep cutting their ships in half … How to know when it’s time to leave your job … Trends that will re-shape customer service in the next five years … Best Buy is kicking off a “12 Days of Deals” sale today … At least five people are dead after a volcano erupted in New Zealand … Healthcare predictions for 2020 … Looking ahead to this weekend’s Presidents Cup … Playmobil is no Lego, that’s for sure …
Riddles that will frustrate you
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.