CFPB DROPS CASE AGAINST COLLECTION LAW FIRM
- On the eve of a court-ordered deadline to respond to a defendant’s motion to dismiss, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has abandoned its effort to enforce a Civil Investigative Demand against the Law Office of Crystal Moroney, a collection law firm, potentially marking the end of a years-long investigation into the firm’s collection practices.
APPEALS COURT AFFIRMS RULING IN FDCPA CASE OVER STATIC BALANCE OF DEBT
- The Second Circuit Court of Appeals has issued a non-precedential summary order affirming a lower court’s granting of a motion for judgment on the pleadings in favor of a defendant that was sued for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by sending a collection letter that included an itemized list of what was owed, even though interest, fees, or other charges were not accruing.
MORE THAN HALF OF MEDICARE RECIPIENTS HAVING ‘SERIOUS PROBLEM’ PAYING HEALTHCARE BILLS: SURVEY
- More than half of individuals who are receiving benefits from Medicare and have had a serious illness have have a “serious problem” paying for their healthcare bills, according to the results of a national survey that was published yesterday by Health Affairs.
PRA GROUP CUTS RIBBON ON NEW VIRGINIA CALL CENTER
- PRA Group officially cut the ribbon on a new office in Danville, Va., yesterday, although the company has stuck to its plan that will see a reduced number of employees who will be working in the new call center.
NORDIS TECHNOLOGIES NAMES NEW CIO
- Nordis Technologies, a fast-growing innovator in customer communications management (CCM) and omnichannel billing and payment solutions, has recruited Charles Grau as its chief information officer.
WORTH NOTING: Good news about two wildfires raging in California … You make your own fun in this world, I always say … The worst days of the year to fly … What to say to employees who ask for a promotion too early … Better-looking children tend to perform better in school, according to a new study … New Coke and Sprite flavors for the holidays … Someone died over trying to get a Popeye’s Spicy Chicken sandwich … Cardiac patients need friends and family, according to a new study.
A riddle to help you become a Secret Service agent
How horsepower is measured
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.