GETTING TO KNOW JACK W. BROWN III OF GULF COAST COLLECTION BUREAU
- If you take away one thing from reading the answers from Jack Brown III, know this: the man likes to fish. Jack spends more space in his answers talking about fishing than anything else. Read on to learn more about Jack, how he literally grew up in the business, and how collections kept him off the streets when he was a kid. This series is sponsored by TCN.
JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER USE OF FORM COMPLAINT
- Using a standard template form in a lawsuit against an individual does not constitute a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, a District Court judge in Nebraska has ruled, granting the defendant’s motion to dismiss.
JUDGE GRANTS MSJ FOR DEFENSE IN RULING THAT ALL PREDICTIVE DIALERS ARE NOT ATDS’S
- A District Court judge in Pennsylvania has granted summary judgment to a defendant that was accused of violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by contacting an individual on his cell phone after he had revoked consent to be contacted, because the defendant was not using an automated telephone dialing system.
MRS BPO INTRODUCES REVOLUTIONARY NEW AI TOOL FOR CALL CENTERS
- MRS BPO LLC, a leading provider of services to the accounts receivables management industry, today announced the launch of Adam, a proprietary conversational IVR that services customers. Adam is a blend of AI and IVR which learns and expands every day.
FFAM360 CONTINUES TRADITION OF BACK-TO-SCHOOL BACKPACK AND SUPPLY DRIVE
- Each year, the FFAM360 offices in Atlanta, Phoenix, and Paso Robles organize a school supply drive to help families’ back to school efforts. This year’s drive collected backpacks and various school supplies, ensuring that 20 families and over 50 children arrive at school equipped and prepared to learn.
UPDATED: MRS BPO WEIGHS IN ON APPEALS COURT QR RULING
- Jeff Freedman, the co-CEO of MRS BPO, shares his company’s thoughts and perspective following the Third Circuit Court of Appeals affirmation of a summary judgment ruling in favor of a plaintiff who sued the agency after receiving a collection letter that included a Quick Response, or QR, Code on the outside of an envelope.
WORTH NOTING: Ford’s new high-performance electric SUV was caught on the streets of Dearborn, Mich. … Is it a bird or a bunny? … The XFL has unveiled the eight teams that will be playing in its league next year … Technologies that are revolutionizing baseball … Why companies should let employees work from wherever they want … New photos from the wreck of the Titanic … Some of the people, including the Secretary of Energy, who fell for an Instagram hoax … How to complain less and feel better at work … On average, traffic jams cost commuters 54 hours per year … Why President Trump wants to buy Greenland.
An up-close look at a collapsing glacier
What it’s like on your first day at the Naval Academy
The Daily Digest is sponsored by Microbilt. Designed to help debt collection professionals, MicroBilt’s platform of recovery and skip tracing tools provide quick, convenient, and current data that help you prioritize and successfully track people down and collect. Keep your skip tracing and debt recovery efficient and effective! Contact us to find out about our 90 Day Try Us Program. Call 800-884-4397 or visit www.microbilt.com.