ELEVENTH CIRCUIT ANNOUNCES DATE, TOPIC FOR HUNSTEIN REHEARING
- The battle lines have been drawn. When it hears arguments in Hunstein v. Preferred Management & Collections — during the week of February 21, 2022 — the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals wants to hear from both sides on whether the plaintiff actually has standing to bring his lawsuit in the first place.
COLLECTION OPERATION BANNED FROM INDUSTRY, TO PAY $1.2M IN FINES
- The Attorney General of New York announced yesterday a settlement with three debt collection companies owned by Andrew Fanelli that will permanently ban them from any future debt collection activities while also paying $1.2 million in fines and restitution to individuals impacted by the collectors’ tactics.
BEDARD BREAKS DOWN HOW COLLECTORS MUST SEND DISCLOSURES UNDER REGULATION F
- In the next-to-last episode of “You Wanted a Rule, You Got a Rule,” John Bedard breaks down Section 1006.42, which covers how and when collectors must send required disclosures to consumers. Not only is there an exception to the rule, but an exception to the exception. Be sure to watch the video and stay tuned for the final episode in the series coming next Monday, just in time for the enactment of Regulation F.
COMPLAINTS DROP, BUT LAWSUITS RISE IN OCTOBER: WEBRECON
- Consumers continued to appear to have opposing reactions to their interactions with companies in the accounts receivable management industry in October, with fewer consumers complaining to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, but more consumers filing lawsuits, according to data released yesterday by WebRecon.
FRONTLINE ASSET STRATEGIES PARTICIPATES IN BREAST CANCER AWARENESS & RACE FOR THE CURE
- Frontline Asset Strategies (“FAST”), a professional collection agency located in Roseville, MN, and Jacksonville, FL, participated in October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month. On Friday, October 22nd, the “FAST Team” donned their pink to spread awareness and then banded together on Saturday, October 23rd, both in-person and remote, to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. The activities provided opportunities for fundraising, team participation, and comradery.
WORTH NOTING: Now that they have raised prices, will they change the name of the store? … Addressing the myth that eating turkey makes you sleepy … If you are going shopping this weekend, here’s a list of when stores will be open … The essentials you need to pack if you are traveling this holiday season … Have you eve noticed that the labels on cranberry sauce cans are upside-down? … How to deal with difficult family members during the holidays … More Americans are saying they don’t plan to have kids … And your word of the year winner is … How to tell if your flight delay is actually due to the weather.
Funny Friday, on a Wednesday
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without this
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.