I really need advice, Today's Daily Digest brought me here.

AccountsRecovery.net Home Page Forums General Topics I really need advice, Today's Daily Digest brought me here.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Robert Bass 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Robert Bass
    Participant

In my AccountsRecovery.Net daily digest email this morning I saw this article today:
    Defendants Unable to Get Suits Filed by Professional Plaintiff Dismissed
    Defendants Unable to Get Suits Filed by Professional Plaintiff Dismissed

I immediately jumped to it because I was extremely interested in hearing how it ended.

I am dealing with this EXACT same situation right now. I was on the COT for a debt that my agency never called. The debt was sold several times over and I randomly got hit with a lawsuit from a pro-se serial litigant one day. This man has effectively flipped my life upside down and drove up my legal costs so much higher than I could possibly afford. Now, A year and a half later my MTD’s and Motions for Summary Judgment have not entirely been granted on the basis of ‘I have been unable to prove without a doubt that I did not call the man’ despite submitting phone records.

The man alleges that my agency is using call spoofing technology (which we have never and will never use) therefore it’s become IMPOSSIBLE for me to disprove the negative and I feel that the courts are being absolutely unreasonable especially considering this man’s history. He’s been suing everybody in the phone book since the days of ‘Junk Faxes’ in the ’90s.

I legitimately have nothing I can possibly do about this and I’m fairly certain that the attorney that I hired is padding the bills and taking advantage of me.

The agency that actually called the man settled for $2,000. I called that attorney to see if he could get me the same settlement and he told me he was too busy and sent me elsewhere. This new attorney then told me not to settle because I did nothing wtong and that he’d get it dropped so fast it would make the serial litigant’s head spin. Now after over a year and $25k in legal fees (which are vague and lumped together) the lawsuit still has not been dropped.

I was hoping there would be a nice neat ending to this story that I could read and feel more optimistic about the situation but instead of that, it seems that we’re all in the same boat. The ironic part is that since we disputed the claims (against my desire but at the advice of my legal counsel) the litigant is now demanding something like $100k.

I’ve been in business for almost a decade and I can’t tell if it’s my attorney or this sovereign citizen pro-se serial litigant that’s pushing me out of business. It almost feels like the attorney is more predatory right now.

What can I do about this, has anybody else ever had to deal with this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X
Skip to toolbar