COLLECTOR FACING CLASS ACTION BECAUSE VALIDATION ITEMS NOT ADDING UP
- A collector is facing a class-action lawsuit alleging it violated Regulation F and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because the items in the validation table of the Model Validation Notice do not add up and are “nonsensical” according to the complaint.
BILL PROPOSED IN HOUSE TO ALLOW FURNISHING OF UTILITY, PHONE BILLS TO CONSUMERS’ CREDIT REPORTS
- At a time when regulators are trying hard to remove items from the credit reports of individuals, a bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives that would allow payment information for utility bills, telecommunications, and public housing authorities to furnish information as a means of helping the 26 million individuals who do not have any credit history with one of the major credit reporting agencies.
COURT RULES COLLECTOR OWES FINDER’S FEE
- The Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit has overturned a summary judgment ruling in favor of a collector, ruling that it does owe a finder’s fee to a company it hired to help it secure a contract to collect on debts owed to the federal government.
CFPB PUBLISHES SUPERVISORY HIGHLIGHTS ON STUDENT LOAN SERVICING
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau yesterday published a special edition of its Supervisory Highlights, spotlighting the student loan servicing and collection markets and pointing out some of the issues it has uncovered when examining companies in that market.
‘TEAM TOM’ RAISES $37,000 TO BENEFIT CARS CURING KIDS
- Thanks to the generosity of State team members, our vendor partners, and industry friends, State is thrilled to announce its “Team Tom” campaign raised $37,000 to benefit Cars Curing Kids!
WORTH NOTING: Photos to show you what Florida looks like after Hurricane Ian … A breakdown of the most expensive hurricanes in U.S. history … What it was like riding out Hurricane Ian at Disney World … Trevor Noah announced he is leaving “The Daily Show” after seven years … Used cars have become unaffordable for a lot of people … Ranking Bill Murray’s 20 best performances … After two years of declines, the suicide rate is rising again … The best time to book your travel plans, according to Google.
Funny Friday, part I
Funny Friday, part II
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.