GETTING TO KNOW KELLI EDMONDS OF KOTA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
- After a 35-year career in the industry, Kelli Edmonds took the bold step earlier this year to hang out her own shingle and start her own business. When you have the depth and breadth of experience that Kelli has, though, sharing it with the rest of the financial services industry is just as much about giving back as it is about moving forward. Read on to learn more about Kelli, why she has to remind herself to eat lunch everyday, and why having a million items on her to-do list is a good thing. This series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
JUDGE GRANTS MSJ IN SEPARATE FDCPA SUIT FILED OVER SAME ACCOUNT
- A District Court judge in Missouri has granted a defendant’s motion for summary judgment after a plaintiff filed two separate lawsuits related to two different collection letters that she received five months apart attempting to collect on the same debt.
CFPB FINES FINTECH $3M FOR USING FAULTY SAVINGS ALGORITHM THAT LED TO CONSUMERS BEING OVERDRAWN
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau yesterday announced that a fintech company that promoted itself as a savings tool for consumers engaged in deceptive acts and practices by using a faulty algorithm that actually ended up causing its customers to “routinely” incur overdraft fees, and announced that the company will pay $2.7 million in fines as well as having to reimburse customers for the overdraft fees that they paid.
HARRIS & HARRIS RESPONDS TO WASHINGTON AG’S LAWSUIT
- In response to the announcement that it was being sued by the Attorney General of Washington for violating state law related to the disclosures required when sending initial collection notices, Harris & Harris provided the following statement to AccountsRecovery.net. The statement was made by Ari Derman, the company’s General Counsel:
SECURE PAYMENT CAPTURE TECHNOLOGY THROUGH PDCFLOW/PIMSWARE PARTNERSHIP
- Payment communication software company PDCflow and call center software company PIMSWARE have teamed up to deliver secure capture payment technology.
WORTH NOTING: A staple of my youth is coming back … Celebrity quiz – can you match the celebrities to their real names? … The best and worst states to have a child in 2022, according to a new report … Habits to help you maximize your mental health … Job interview advice from Kevin O’Leary of “Shark Tank” … Average gas prices are below $4 a gallon for the first time since March … Did you know there is a “Jay Leno rule” when it comes to saving money? … Tips to make cooking outdoors easier.
More people are questioning the value of a college degree
What happened at Carvana?
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.