JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER ‘GENERIC’ REFERENCES IN LETTER
- A District Court judge in New Jersey has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss, ruling the plaintiff lacked standing filing a class-action lawsuit against a collection law firm, accusing it of violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because the pronouns used in a collection letter were too generic.
R.I. LEGISLATURE PASSES LAW REQUIRING BOND FOR COLLECTORS
- In an update that was first published by ACA International, the Rhode Island legislature has passed a bill that will require debt collectors to obtain a bond before they can be licensed.
FIRM ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF WASHINGTON-BASED COLLECTION AGENCY
- A private holding company that says it is actively seeking to purchase accounts receivable management firms has announced the acquisition of a collection agency based in Washington.
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PRIORITIES SHIFTING, WITH RENEWED FOCUS ON MENTAL HEALTH
- A growing number of small businesses are offering their employees health benefits related to mental health, at levels that have not been seen for more than a decade, according to a published report, which was based on a survey conducted by the Society of Human Resources Executives.
RECOVERY DECISION SCIENCE ACQUIRES THE ASSETS OF GEIST HOLDINGS
- Recovery Decision Science, LLC (RDS) has acquired the assets and technology of Geist Holdings, Inc. (Geist), a skiptrace processing organization that applied proprietary data mining and quantitative analytics to provide unparalleled service finding account holder places of employment.
WORTH NOTING: I think Alanis Morissette sang about cheating on ethics exams, didn’t she? … A quiz to determine how much you know about Independence Day, the day, not the movie … Chick-fil-A is taking the drive-thru experience to the next level … A tragedy in Texas … How to protect your money from a potential recession … The best place to work remotely in the world is right here in the United States … How to save money if you are planning a road trip this summer … What the most expensive home in Washington, D.C. looks like.
How language shapes the way we think
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.