JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER SETTLEMENT OFFER IN LETTER
- A District Court judge in Pennsylvania has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss after it was sued for violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because settlement offers mentioned in an initial collection notice allegedly violated the 30-day dispute window.
APPEALS COURT AFFIRMS RULING FOR LEGAL COLLECTOR SUED FOR AGE DISCRIMINATION
- The Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit has affirmed a lower court’s ruling in favor of a collection law firm that was sued for allegedly discriminating against a woman for not hiring her back for a collector’s position because of her age, when in fact she had been notified of poor performance as a collector before transferring to a different role within the company.
PANEL TALKS ABOUT HOW TO DEAL WITH CONSUMER COMPLAINTS
- Companies in the accounts receivable management industry should be forgiven for thinking they are visiting a carnival and not spending time in the office, because their jobs these days look a lot like Whac-a-Mole and less like collecting debt, thanks to regulators who are aggressively rolling out new rules and plans, panelists on this week’s Talk-Off discussed.
CFPB ISSUES RULE GIVING STATES MORE AUTHORITY TO ENFORCE FEDERAL LAWS, INCLUDING FDCPA
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau yesterday opened the door for states to take more regulatory and enforcement actions against financial services companies, including those in the accounts receivable management industry, issuing an interpretive rule that certifies that states can enforce the Consumer Financial Protection Act.
RGS FINANCIAL EXPANDS ITS USE OF COLLABORATIONROOM.AI FOR ITS WORK-FROM-HOME AGENTS
- RGS Financial, a leading nationwide provider of call center solutions, has expanded its use of Collaborationroom.ai for supporting its work-from-home agents.
WORTH NOTING: What happens when a school senior prank goes horribly wrong … The precautions you should take when traveling, according to the CDC … Did you know about the new employee monitoring law in New York? … How the fallout from higher gas prices is being felt in other areas … Some of the interesting things Johnny Depp spent his money on, according to his former financial manager … How to protect your money as the stock market plunges and fears of a recession increase … Working in an office no longer provides a competitive advantage, according to the CEO of Shopify … The new rules of the “Star Wars” franchise.
What is web3?
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.