JUDGE DENIES DEFENDANT’S MSJ IN FCCPA CASE OVER BK FILING, ATTORNEY REPRESENTATION
- A District Court judge in Florida has denied a defendant’s motion for summary judgment while partially granting and partially denying a similar motion from the plaintiff in a Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act case over alleged attempts to collect a debt after the plaintiff had filed for bankruptcy protection and allegedly notified the defendant that she was represented by counsel. The case, which has already been to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and back, was originally filed nearly six years ago.
IGNITE! ATTENDEES SHARE THEIR BEST TAKEAWAYS FROM THE CONFERENCE
- ACA International recently held its Ignite! conference in Las Vegas. AccountsRecovery.net asked some of those who attended the conference to share the most important takeaway they had at the conference, or the best idea they learned there. Here are some of their answers.
REPEAT VIOLATORS RISK LOSING LICENSES, CHOPRA WARNS
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is planning to establish dedicated units aimed at detecting repeat offenses and corporate recidivism “to better hold them accountable” while also laying out a series of enforcement options that the regulator will consider when it finds financial services organizations committing the same types of violations over and over again, Rohit Chopra, the CFPB’s Director, said during a speech yesterday.
TRUEACCORD LAUNCHES WEB CHAT FOR CONSUMERS
- TrueAccord announced last week that it has rolled out a web chat feature for consumers who would prefer to communicate with the company online, citing data that a growing number of consumer prefer that method over phone, email, and social media support.
CROWN ASSET MANAGEMENT NAMES 2021 FIRM & AGENCY OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNERS
- Crown Asset Management, a specialty finance and receivables management firm, is announcing its 2021 Agency of the Year and Firm of the Year awards.
WORTH NOTING: Where does Will Smith’s slap rank among the most unexpected moments in Oscars’ history? … Chris Rock sure doesn’t appear to be hurting too much from being slapped … A new spin on mac ‘n’ cheese … How to save money when getting gas … The funniest things you can ask Siri on your iPhone … America is entering the “great experiment” of hybrid work … What you should do with your money when you get a raise … The most important leadership skill is something everyone in this industry should be good at.
How to spot hidden cameras
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.