JUDGE GRANTS MSJ IN FDCPA CASE OVER MULTIPLE ADDRESSES ON PAYMENT COUPON
- A District Court judge in New York has granted a defendant’s motion for summary judgment in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case in which a collection letter included multiple addresses for the defendant, allegedly confusing the plaintiff to the point where he felt his only option was to hand the letter over to his attorney and file a lawsuit.
HOW TECHNOLOGY IS HELPING AGENCIES MAXIMIZE COLLECTIONS IN SPITE OF LABOR SHORTAGES
- Companies in the accounts receivable management industry have had to get creative during the past couple of years, starting with the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and now dealing with the impact of The Great Resignation, and while technology has helped offset shortages in labor or changes to workflows, thinking outside of the box is also crucial to a company’s success in today’s market, according to panelists who participated in a webinar recently that was sponsored by Peak Revenue Learning.
VERMONT AG SETTLES WITH HEALTHCARE PROVIDER OVER THREATENING COLLECTION LETTER SENT TO PATIENTS
- Thomas Donovan, the Attorney General of Vermont has reached a settlement with a healthcare provider that will require the provider to use a professional debt collection agency, while also being barred from collecting certain old debts and paying a fine of $10,000, half of which was suspended because it cooperated in the investigation.
EXPERTS SHARE CONTEXT ON CASES IMPACTING ARM INDUSTRY
- Understanding the context and consequences of court rulings can be difficult. Thankfully, there are experts out there that can do it for us. Brit Suttell, Stefanie Jackman, Patrick Newman, Caren Enloe, and Stacy Rodriguez break down the ins and outs of cases impacting the ARM industry in this week’s Compliance Digest, which is brought to you by Bedard Law Group.
SHAUN ERTISCHEK APPOINTED CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER AND GENERAL COUNSEL OF CASCADE RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT
- The Cascade365 Family of Companies is excited to announce that Shaun Ertischek was appointed the Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel of Cascade Receivables Management, LLC.
WORTH NOTING: Well, that escalated in a hurry … Could this be the secret recipe that makes you like eating brussels sprouts? … 57% of American households paid no income tax last year … The best-dressed stars from last night’s Oscars … You can buy this “Friends”-themed house for only $330,000 … A history of “Hup” — the jump sound made in shooting games … Consumers are more pessimistic now than they were at the start of the pandemic … So excited now for this year’s World Cup.
The slap that everyone will be talking about today (NSFW language)
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.