GETTING TO KNOW CAREN ENLOE OF SMITH DEBNAM
- The AccountsRecovery.net house band has a new member! Sliding in is Caren Enloe, one of the most respected defense attorneys and an esteemed trombone player. Not only can she hit seventh position without breaking a sweat, but she can also tell you the best way to get something is to ask for it. Read on to learn more about Caren, her thoughts on the role of the CFPB, and just what her most prized possession is. This series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
JUDGE DENIES PLAINTIFF’S MSJ BECAUSE DEFENDANT FAILED TO PLEAD BFE DEFENSE
- If a defendant does not invoke the bona fide error defense when accused of violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, does that mean it admits to have violating the statute? That is the argument that was made by one plaintiff who was seeking a partial motion for summary judgment, only to have to denied by a District Court judge in Washington.
NON-PROFIT SUES COMPANIES FOR ALLEGEDLY ENGAGING IN SEWER SERVICE
- A non-profit legal organization in California has filed a lawsuit against a series of allegedly interconnected companies and the individuals involved in running those companies, including a debt buying and collection operation called Sue Ya Inc., claiming they violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as well as state law in California for allegedly filing false proofs of service in an effort to obtain default judgments against consumers.
REASSIGNED NUMBER DATABASE ANNOUNCES NEW SUBSCRIPTION TIERS, PRICING
- Seeking to correct one of the most frequent complaints it has received since its inception, the Reassigned Number Database has announced changes to its pricing matrix, which are scheduled to go into effect next month.
CROWN ASSET MANAGEMENT ANNOUNCES PROMOTIONS FOR EIGHT TEAM MEMBERS
- Crown Asset Management has announced the promotions of Shawn Bradley, Rebekah Luebcke, Leah Ri, Sarah Pittman, Laura Powers, Sharn Fuller, Bryce Thomas, and Rhonda Bradtmueller.
WORTH NOTING: Netflix is going to start charging people for sharing passwords … On St. Patrick’s Day, a list of the cities in the United States that are the most Irish … The best deals and specials you can get on St. Patrick’s Day … How the Federal Reserve Board’s interest rate hike will affect you … Seven ways to maximize your income tax refund … Allergy sufferers will not be fans of this news … “Monday Night Football” will have new announcers next year … How to back up your digital life.
How to solve a Rubik’s Cube
Why beds are raised off the ground
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.