JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE ALLEGING HUNSTEIN DISCLOSURE
- A District Court judge in Kansas has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss a Hunstein case, ruling that the plaintiff lacked standing to sue because she did not suffer a concrete injury when the defendant used a third-party vendor to print and mail a collection letter.
SUIT ALLEGES COLLECTOR VIOLATED REG F’S 7-IN-7 PROVISION
- It is short on details, but another Regulation F lawsuit has been filed, this time in California, and, for the first time, it’s accusing a collector of violating the rule’s prohibitions on call frequency.
BNPL CONTINUES TO GROW, AS MORE CONSUMERS ALSO START MISSING PAYMENTS
- The number of consumers using Buy Now, Pay Later services is on the rise, which means that more consumers are starting to miss their payments, according to the results of a survey that were released this month. The survey reveals just how popular BNPL products have become with consumers who are shopping online and just how dangerous those products can be, from a financial standpoint.
RMAI ANNOUNCES ATTORNEYS GENERAL FORD AND WASDEN TO SPEAK IN KEYNOTE SESSION AT ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- RMAI is honored to announce that the Keynote Session at the RMAI 2022 Annual Conference will feature a “fireside chat” with two of our nation’s leading Attorneys General — Lawrence Wasden from Idaho and Aaron D. Ford from Nevada.
EXPERTS OFFER INSIGHTS INTO LATEST LEGAL RULINGS
- Each week, AccountsRecovery.net publishes summaries of legal rulings that are impacting the accounts receivable management industry. But those summaries don’t necessarily provide insight into what you need to do — if anything — as a result of those rulings. For that, I turn to the experts. Every week, the top legal minds of the industry weigh in on those rulings, providing much-needed context and insight to help you better understand the rulings and be better informed when making important decisions. This week, David Schultz, Alan Hochheiser, Carlos Ortiz, Leslie Bender, and Patrick Newman share their wisdom with you. This series is sponsored by Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: People share unique and surprising ways they are finding joy during the pandemic … I haven’t been inside one in a while, but I will admit I didn’t know Walmart sold babies … The most popular hot sauces in every state … Workplace rudeness — whether it be virtual or in-person — is on the rise. Here are some ideas to counter it … A billionaire shares her three cold-calling secrets … A letter from the Internal Revenue Service that you aren’t going to want to throw out … An updated list of the things that are getting more expensive … Some places to consider if you are looking for an inexpensive beachfront apartment.
Jeff Goldblum reviewing impersonations of himself
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.