DEBT BUYER SUES CITI FOR ‘BAIT AND SWITCH’ WHEN SELLING PORTFOLIOS
- A debt buyer has filed suit against Citigroup, accusing the mega-bank of a “classic ‘bait and switch’ ” by promising to sell delinquent credit card portfolios containing accounts with certain characteristics, but instead putting accounts into the portfolios that had a much lower chance of recovery.
BILL INTRODUCED IN HOUSE TO ABOLISH CFPB
- A bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives that seeks to abolish the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, accusing it of being an “overreaching government agency with no Congressional oversight.”
STATE COURT JUDGE GRANTS MSJ FOR DEFENDANT IN FDCPA CASE OVER COMPLAINT FILED IN WRONG VENUE
- In a case that is emblematic of the type of debt collection cases now finding their way into state courts across the country, which was defended by Christopher Morris from Bassford Remele and Danielle Savington from Savington Law Offices, a state court judge in Nebraska has granted a defendant’s motion for summary judgment in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case because it was entitled to the bona fide error defense after allegedly filing a collection lawsuit against the plaintiff in the incorrect venue.
INDUSTRY VETS SHARE THEIR GOALS FOR 2022
- January is a time for resolutions and goal-setting. A new calendar offers a huge horizon fill with opportunity. AccountsRecovery.net asked veterans within the accounts receivable management industry to share their goals for 2022. Here is what they said.
CENTRAL PORTFOLIO CONTROL PROVIDES FOR MINNESOTA HOMELESS OVER THE HOLIDAYS
- Central Portfolio Control (CPC), a debt collection agency in the western suburbs of Minneapolis, MN, is helping the less fortunate this holiday season through an initiative to assemble and distribute care packages for people experiencing homelessness in the area.
WORTH NOTING: Cloning voices has never been easier, thanks to technology … I think you should have to agree to only sing “Bohemian Rhapsody” if you buy this car … A lot less of the PPP money went to employees than intended, according to economists … How your team can use the same winning strategy that landed the University of Georgia a national championship … What you are owed when your flights are delayed or canceled … The books that billionaires think you should read to learn about business and leadership … Scientists weigh in on how long people should isolate for COVID … What you need to know about receiving more money through the child tax credit.
Tips to help you de-clutter
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.