GETTING TO KNOW JENNIFER WHIPPLE OF COLLECTION BUREAU SERVICES
- In what might be a first for the “Getting to Know” series, a participant has taken the best advice she has ever received and turned that into some pretty good advice of her own. “Adapt, adjust, and overcome” writes Jennifer Whipple — and if that doesn’t motivate you and point you in the right direction at the same time, nothing will. Read on to learn more about Jennifer, how she has known this is where she wanted to work since the time she got her driver’s license, and why you should leave her alone if you see her on a bike during the work day.
BK APPEALS COURT OVERTURNS ATTORNEY’S FEE AWARD OVER TIME-BARRED CLAIMS
- The Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, Ninth Circuit, has overturned a bankruptcy’s court ruling that awarded a debtor attorney’s fees after a debt collector filed proofs of claim that were time-barred.
IRS SHARES DETAILS ABOUT 2021 TAX SEASON; SPECIAL ACCESS TO TAX PREP WEBINAR RECORDING
- I’ve included a couple of links and references in the “Worth Noting” section of The Daily Digest this week with details about income tax returns, but wanted to put everything together and share access to a webinar recording on the topic of how companies in the ARM industry should be approaching tax season this year.
CALIF. DFPI TO GET $7M MORE IN PROPOSED BUDGET
- The Governor of California has earmarked more than $11 million of the budget for the state’s Department of Financial Protection & Innovation to “protect consumers and ensure transparency of the debt collector industry through strong government oversight and data collection.” The item was part of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s $286 billion budget that was released earlier this week.
STATE DONATES $7100 TO HOLDAY ADOPT-A-FAMILY
- In the spirit of the season, State continued its annual holiday tradition of Adopt-a-Family by donating $7,100 to assist families in our communities.
WORTH NOTING: Bank of America has slashed its fees on overdrafts … Americans are tuning out to public health messages about COVID-19. Maybe it’s because we can’t make heads or tails out of what we’re supposed to do — but that’s just me talking … An interesting situation — would you cover a $46 bill at Starbucks to keep a pay-it-forward streak going? … Where rising prices are hitting Americans the hardest … Four ways that Americans are feeling inflation … How often you should be reusing your N95 and KN95 masks … Have Omicron infections maxed out? … Don’t be surprised if you get fewer wings when you order from Domino’s while Taco Bell is cutting them off the menu entirely.
The economics of Starbucks
You’re slicing bread the wrong way
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.