JUDGE SETS ASIDE DEFAULT AGAINST DEFENDANT BECAUSE OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
- A District Court judge in Ohio has granted a defendant’s motion to set aside a default and default judgment that was entered against it in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act lawsuit after it was unable to respond to the complaint in a timely manner as a result of lockdown provisions that were instituted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
MACKINNON AVOIDS JAIL FOLLOWING HEARING INTO LACK OF COMPLIANCE WITH $60M JUDGMENT
- It appears as though Douglas MacKinnon has successfully avoided being sent to jail, even though a two-day hearing this week did not provide all the details that prosecutors and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau are looking for as they seek to enforce a $60 million judgment against him.
19 COMPANIES SEEKING COLLECTION TALENT
- Click here to see a sampling of job listings in the accounts receivable management industry that have been posted recently. The listings offer insight into who is hiring, what they are offering, and opens doors to potential new opportunities.
FED SURVEY ILLUSTRATES CONSUMER UNCERTAINTY OVER DIRECTION OF ECONOMY
- In yet another sign of the uncertainty that many people are facing these days, more consumers expect to not be able to make a minimum debt payment in the next three months, but fewer people believe they will be much worse off, financially, a year from now, according to data that was released this week by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
CREDIT CONTROL ANNOUNCES NEW VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES
- Credit Control is proud to announce that Phil Thomas has joined the company as Vice President – Sales. He joins an established team of industry experts specializing in consultative sales & business development and will be a key part of our team’s focus on expanding our national presence as industry leaders in the collections and recovery industry.
WORTH NOTING: A guide to COVID tests — when to get them and what the results mean … What to do if you are ready to give up on your New Year’s Resolutions … The best states to live in, if you are ready to settle down and raise a family … A chart to help you calculate your risk of catching COVID-19 … The IRS has one person for every 16,000 calls it receives. You might be on hold for a while … How Oreo is celebrating turning 110 years old … How to help yourself if you’re feeling overwhelmed … If you need help winning at Wordle.
Tips to improve your presentations
Why people are quitting their jobs
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.