GETTING TO KNOW PATRICIA COBB OF ABILITY RECOVERY SERVICES
- Patricia Cobb is a study in contradictions. Solving problems and keeping the peace. Laughing and common sense. Common sense and a nice person. It is all of those skills and the ability to manage them effectively that has helped her rise up the ranks in two different industries. Read on to learn more about Patricia, why she thrives in crisis situations, and what she likes to go home to at the end of the day. This series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
CFPB RELEASES SPANISH MODEL VALIDATION NOTICE
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau this week quietly released a new update to Regulation F, one that many in the industry had been anxiously awaiting as the countdown to November 30 gets smaller and smaller. The CFPB released a Spanish-language translation of its Model Validation Notice, which collectors can choose to use if they elect to do so.
JUDGE DISMISSES FDCPA CASE OVER INADVERTENT VOICEMAIL FOR LACK OF STANDING
- Sometimes, you’re not paying attention when you’ve dialed your phone and are waiting for someone to pick up. Maybe you’re grooving out to a good song and you don’t notice that the call went to voicemail and that you’ve been humming and singing for a few seconds. While it likely won’t result in an invitation to audition for “American Idol” or “The Voice,” does it count as a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act if the individual making the call is a collector? In a case that was defended by the team at Malone Frost Martin, a District Court judge in Florida has ruled that it does not and dismissed the suit for lack of standing.
WASHINGTON AG SUES ROBOCALL BLOCKER FOR MAKING ROBOCALLS
- The joke about the song, “Isn’t it ironic” by Alanis Morrissette is that most of the situations mentioned in the song are coincidences, not irony. Rain on your wedding day is not irony. Getting into a traffic jam when you’re already late is not irony. I could go on, but I digress. Why am I mentioning this? Because I have for you something that Alanis could sing about and be accurate. What is it? A company that provides robocall-blocking services has been sued by the Attorney General of Washington state for … you guessed it, making robocalls.
GLCCA PROUD TO HOST IN-PERSON CONFERENCE IN MINNEAPOLIS
- The Great Lakes Credit and Collection Association (GLCCA) is proud and excited to host its annual conference October 27-29 in Minneapolis at the Radisson Blu Mall of America. The hotel and the association are taking all of the necessary precautions as outlined by the CDC to ensure that individuals who choose to attend the event will be safe as possible.
WORTH NOTING: Those memes you roll your eyes at or occasionally chuckle about have been helping you all along … If you have ever wanted to spend more than $60,000 on a 274-night cruise, here is your chance … The true cost of upgrading your phone … How to get a free breakfast burrito this morning … Samsung will now let you design your own flip smartphone … COVID apparently likes men more than it likes women, according to a new study … Six reasons why Americans aren’t returning to work … Being bored can help you fight burnout.
Why do we say “trick or treat” on Halloween?
Today in history
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.