BEDARD BREAKS DOWN MODEL NOTICE’S OPTIONAL DISCLOSURES
- In the latest episode of “You Wanted a Rule, You Got a Rule,” John Bedard of Bedard Law Group discusses some of the optional disclosures collectors may choose to include in the validation notices they send to individuals.
SDNY JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER SETTLEMENT LANGUAGE IN LETTER
- A District Court judge in New York has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss after it was sued for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act when it sent four letters to an individual that each offered to settle a debt for 50% of the balance owed, while noting that the defendant was not obligated to renew the offer, offering more time to respond if needed, and asking for payment upon receipt of the letters.
CFPB ISSUES FIRST ENFORCEMENT ACTION UNDER CHOPRA
- Less than a week after having a new Director sworn in, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau announced its first enforcement action of the Rohit Chopra era, assessing $6 million in fines and penalties against a company that offers financial services products to individuals incarcerated and recently released from prisons and jails nationwide.
FTC REPORT ANALYZES HOW FRAUD AND SCAMS AFFECT COMMUNITIES OF COLOR
- Debt collection, student loan debt relief, payday loans, and government impersonators are just a few of the categories highlighted in a Federal Trade Commission report that analyzes the regulator’s effort at addressing fraud and consumer issues that are affecting communities of color, which was released earlier this week.
FFAM360 CONTINUES ANNUAL SUPPORT OF BREAST CANCER RESEARCH
- The First Financial Asset Management (FFAM360) family of companies, a world-class organization providing revenue-centric solutions to specifically address all phases of the credit and revenue lifecycle, is continuing its annual breast cancer fundraising campaign throughout October.
WORTH NOTING: Talk about giving new meaning to a “hot and steamy” forecast … A new trick to find employees … Data on how effective each vaccine is at fighting breakthrough infections … Seven signs that an employee is about to quit … A lot of people are overspending on Halloween this year … Facebook is planning on changing its name … Consumers say they have lost faith in the economy, but are spending like true believers … Maybe all the companies that are complaining about struggling to find employees aren’t telling the truth.
A packing hack to optimize space
Inside a $20 million mansion
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.