GETTING TO KNOW CHRISTOPHER MCCALEB OF RELIANT CAPITAL SOLUTIONS
- Even though he has only been in the accounts receivable management industry for a relatively short time, Christopher McCaleb has learned the important lesson about the role that compliance can play in the growth of a successful company. Being comfortable in his own skin has helped him get this far. Read on to learn more about Christopher, and how he dreams of one day to following in the well-worn shoes of the great Anthony Bourdain. This series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
PLAINTIFF IN A HUNSTEIN COPYCAT CLASS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE STANDING TO SUE, NDIL JUDGE RULES
- In a case that is being defended by David Schultz and the team at Hinshaw Culbertson, a District Court judge in Illinois has granted a plaintiff’s motion to remand a Hunstein class action lawsuit back to state court, disagreeing with the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals’s ruling in the case and determining that the plaintiff lacked standing to pursue his claim in federal court.
CFPB ANNOUNCES LEADERSHIP CHANGES ON CHOPRA’S FIRST DAY ON THE JOB
- On his first full day on the job at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, former Acting Director Mick Mulvaney brought donuts with him, ostensibly for the protestors he expected to be there to oppose his appointment. Encountering none, Mulvaney ended up giving the donuts his new employees. There aren’t any reports of protestors or donuts on Rohit Chopra’s first day on the job as the new Director of the CFPB yesterday, but he did not waste any time starting to put his stamp on the agency. The CFPB yesterday announced a series of leadership changes, including the promotions of two long-serving executives.
NEW DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENT SIGNED INTO LAW BY N.Y. GOV.
- A new law is scheduled to go into effect in New York next month that will require collectors to provide an additional disclosure on initial letters sent to consumers, letting consumers know that the letter can be requested in an alternative format, such as large print, braille, or audio compact disc.
ALYSSA JOHNSON JOINS BARRON & NEWBURGER
- Alyssa A. Johnson, a talented litigator, has joined Barron & Newburger’s Attorneys Risk Management Practice Group and will be practicing as Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Milwaukee office. In addition to her responsibilities with the Attorneys Risk Management Practice Group, Alyssa will lend her talents and experience to the Financial Services Practice Group.
WORTH NOTING: You’re likely eating too much salt everyday and need to cut back … You aren’t supposed to catch that in a Kansas river … Wendy’s is rolling out new fries and including a guarantee with each order … Bonding exercises that can fight back against the Great Resignation … How people who have quit their job are making ends meet … It’s going to cost a lot more to heat your house this winter … Social Security recipients are going to get a big bump next year … I was ok with a new version of “Doogie Howser” and less ok with a new “Turner & Hooch.” But a new “Home Alone”? That might be a bridge too far.
Another round of “you see this everyday but don’t know what it’s used for”
Tips for stay-at-home dads
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.