GETTING TO KNOW PAUL LENGYEL OF ONLINE INFORMATION SERVICES
- Ross and Rachel may have been on a break, but there aren’t any breaks for people like Paul Lengyel these days as the industry preps for the enactment of Regulation F. Thankfully, Paul has three decades of experience to rely on, and a track record of loyalty. Read on to learn more about Paul, why he loves deadlines, and why baseline has an entirely different meaning to him. This series is sponsored by Applied Innovation.
JUDGE RECOMMENDS LOWERING PLAINTIFF’S ATTORNEY FEE AWARD BY 63%
- In a case that was defended by Cooper Walker at Malone Frost Martin, a Magistrate Court judge in Texas has recommended reducing a plaintiff’s attorneys fee award by nearly two-thirds after a settlement was reached in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case.
FTC RESURRECTS PENALTY TOOL IN CRACKDOWN ON FOR-PROFIT UNIVERSITIES
- The Federal Trade Commission yesterday announced a crackdown on deceptive and unfair practices used by for-profit universities by reviving a long-dormant enforcement tool that could have implications into how the regulator takes action against companies in the accounts receivable management industry.
ED. DEPT. OVERHAULS PSLF PROGRAM; UP TO 550K BORROWERS IMPACTED
- The Department of Education yesterday announced major changes to the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program that will see 22,000 individuals become immediately eligible for the program and an estimated 550,000 individuals move a lot closer to having their student loans wiped away.
BARRON & NEWBURGER ESTABLISHES NATIONAL ATTORNEY RISK MANAGEMENT PRACTICE GROUP WITH SIGNIFICANT HIRES
- Barron & Newburger, P.C. has established an Attorneys Risk Management Practice Group that serves the needs of law firms and attorneys in need of ethical guidance in today’s regulatory environment. The Group will focus on counseling, training, ethical guidance and providing professional representation.
WORTH NOTING: Workplace mandates are seeing vaccination rates as high as 90% … There hasn’t been a spike in evictions following the end of the eviction moratorium … Why it is important to go back to the office after working remotely … People share the reasons why they are quitting their jobs during The Great Resignation … What small businesses can learn from George Costanza … The identity of Generation Z’s favorite celebrity might surprise you … The number of data breaches in 2021 has already surpassed the total for all of 2020 … The United States has more monuments honoring mermaids than it does honoring Congresswomen.
Why champagne is so expensive
For people who don’t like carrying around a diaper bag
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.