APPEALS COURT REVERSES RULING IN TCPA CONSTITUTIONALITY CASE
- The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals yesterday ruled that just the parts of the TCPA that were deemed to be unconstitutional are applied retroactively, and that the rest of the law stands as written, in reversing a lower court’s ruling that had granted a motion to dismiss on the basis that the TCPA itself was unconstitutional for the five years in which the government-backed debt collection exemption existed.
COLLECTOR TO PAY $65K TO SETTLE RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION LAWSUIT
- A debt collector has agreed to pay $65,000 to settle a religious discrimination lawsuit filed against it by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission after it fired a Christian employee for refusing to submit to fingerprinting as part of a background check. The employee argued that having his fingerprints captured was contrary to his religious beliefs.
COLLECTOR REACHES $995K SETTLEMENT IN COLLECTION LETTER LAWSUIT
- A motion has been filed in a West Virginia federal court to approve a settlement in a class action Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act case that will see the defendant pay $995,000 after it was accused of sending letters that did not include updated language required under state law when attempting to collect on time-barred debts.
MONTEREY FINANCIAL SERVICES ACQUIRES CONTINENTAL CENTRAL CREDIT
- Monterey Financial Services announced earlier this week that it had purchased Continental Central Credit. Continental Central Credit is based in Carlsbad, Calif. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
RADIUS GLOBAL SOLUTIONS PARTNERS WITH COLLABORATIONROOM.AI
- CollaborationRoom.ai announced today a partnership with Radius Global Solutions to deploy its agent engagement tools across its global network. By using the CollaborationRoom.ai platform, Radius will enhance its engagement with its remote contact center agents. This will improve overall compliance and client performance as well as measure and track agent engagement, dramatically improve the agent / supervisor relationship, and assist Radius in replicating its in-office training and quality assurance experience in a remote or virtual setting.
WORTH NOTING: Why you should think twice before posting those back-to-school photos on social media … How much in unpaid income taxes the top 1% of earners are evading … Looking back on September 10, 2001, the day before everything changed … The photos from 9/11 that we’ll never forget … How to bypass Gmail’s limits on the size of attachments … Most people aren’t putting money away for future healthcare costs … Amazon is offering to pay for the college fees for 750,000 of its frontline workers … The best companies for remote workers.
Netflix tips and tricks
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.