REMOTE WORK, SB248 LAWSUIT, AND MORE DISCUSSED DURING DAY 2 OF ACA’S CONVENTION
- LAS VEGAS — More sights and sounds from ACA International’s Annual Convention, including a poll about remote work, an update on the industry’s lawsuit attempting to fight back against a medical debt collection law in Nevada, a tip on collectors’ commissions, and tips to deal with consumer lawsuits during the pandemic.
WDWA JUDGE PARTIALLY DENIES DEFENDANT’S MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER AMOUNT OF DEBT
- A District Court judge in Washington has mostly denied a defendant’s motion to dismiss — she did grant it on one count of the claim — in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case in which the debt collector was accused of attempting to collect a debt that the plaintiff claimed she did not owe.
SENATE REPUBLICANS STILL SEEKING ANSWERS ABOUT REPORT THAT ADMINISTRATION TRIED TO REPLACE EMPLOYEES AT CFPB
- Senate Republicans are continuing to try and get answers about whether the leadership of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau potentially violated civil service protections by trying to get career employees at the Bureau to resign so that they could be replaced by “handpicked loyalists.” After not getting any answers from Rohit Chopra, who has been nominated to be the next Director of the CFPB, Republicans — led by Sen. Pat Toomey [R-Pa.], the Ranking Member of the Senate Banking Committee — have now reached out to Leandra English — a name that might sound familiar — who was on the transition team overseeing the CFPB, asking her what involvement she may have had in the effort to “replace CFPB civil servants with individuals perceived as more loyal to the current administration.”
DEBEXPERT LAUNCHES APP FOR DELINQUENT DEBT SELLERS
- Debexpert, an online platform for buying and selling NPLs (Non-Performing Loans), has launched the world’s first mobile app for debt portfolio sellers. The Debexpert app, which is available for Android and iOS mobile devices, implements the basic functionality of the online auction familiar to users of the desktop version. Now, you can monitor and take part in bidding using your mobile device when mobile internet or Wi-Fi is available.
ONTARIO SYSTEMS PARTNERS WITH REVSPRING TO OFFER A DIGITAL FINANCIAL ENGAGEMENT SOLUTION
- Ontario Systems, a leading provider of enterprise software that automates complex workflows, accelerates revenue recovery, and removes friction from the payments process for clients in the accounts receivable management (ARM), healthcare, and government markets, today announced a strategic partnership with RevSpring, a leader in financial communications and payments solutions.
WORTH NOTING: The Delta variant has “changed the war” against COVID-19, according to the CDC … Florida man climbs over barrier at zoo, taunts jaguar. Guess what happened next? … Americans are splurging on super deluxe vacations … A 4-minute test to tell you how creative you are … How to prove you are vaccinated if you are going out to eat or a concert … Face masks you may actually like to wear … The mattress that a professional mattress reviewer sleeps on every night … The power couples competing at the Olympics.
This will make you feel old
Funny Friday – My favorite scene from my favorite movie (NSFW language)
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.