APPEALS COURT RULES SOME PRIVATE STUDENT LOANS CAN BE DISCHARGED IN BK
- The Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has upheld a lower court’s ruling allowing a plaintiff’s private student loans to be discharged as part of his bankruptcy filing, ruling that the provision of the bankruptcy code that prohibits the discharge of “an obligation to repay funds received as an educational benefit” does not apply to loans.
INDEBTED RAISES ANOTHER $25M TO FUND EXPANSION, GROWTH PLANS
- InDebted, an Australian fintech company that made a splash in the United States earlier this year when it purchased Delta Outsource Group, has announced it has raised an additional $25 million of funding as it continues to expand across the globe.
MANY FACING MOUNTAINS OF UNPAID MEDICAL DEBT FOLLOWING PANDEMIC: SURVEY
- A lot of individuals who were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in one form or another are now facing another serious situation — increased amounts of unpaid medical debts — according to the results of a survey conducted by The Commonwealth Fund.
ACA INTERNATIONAL 2021 ANNUAL CONVENTION COMES TO LAS VEGAS NEXT WEEK
- ACA International’s 2021 Annual Convention & Expo is back as a live in-person event July 28-30 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. The annual convention will feature education and business solutions as well as important accounts receivable management (ARM) industry updates.
READ EXPERT PERSPECTIVES ON TRENDING COMPLIANCE TOPICS
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest. You’ll get insights and opinions from eight different compliance experts — Mike Frost, David Kaminski, Lauren Burnette, Patrick Newman, Lauren Valenzuela, Helen Mac Murray, Meagan Anne Mihalko, and Lauren Campisi — discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else. The Compliance Digest is sponsored by The Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: Door-to-door vaccines have started in North Carolina … How good do these french fries have to be to cost $200? … TikTok is now a place where job seekers are going to post their resumes … Oreo is making it easier to hide the cookies from your kids … Add foam to the list of things that are in short supply … If you make minimum wage, you can’t afford a two-bedroom apartment anywhere in America … A buying guide for anyone looking for a tablet … Be wary of what you read on social media about COVID-19.
Why you procrastinate, and how to still get things done
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.