SEVENTH CIRCUIT ATTACKS STANDING AGAIN, BUT JUDGES NOW WONDERING IF COURT WENT TOO FAR
- The Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit has weighed in on standing in yet another case, this time affirming a lower court’s dismissal of a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act lawsuit against a collector, but, for the first time, judges within the Seventh Circuit are showing signs that maybe the Court has overstepped in determining how and when an individual has suffered a concrete injury required to pursue a federal lawsuit.
NINTH CIRCUIT DENIES EN BANC PETITION IN CFPB CASE AGAINST SEILA LAW
- The Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit on Friday denied a petition from one of its own judges to hold an en banc rehearing of the case of CFPB v. Seila Law, arguing that while David may have slayed the giant before the Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit has determined that “Goliath still wins.”
MEDICAL BILLING PLATFORM ACQUIRES INSURANCE STARTUP FOR $425M
- Cedar, a startup created to help modernize the healthcare billing and collection process, which has valued at more than $3 billion, is now setting its sights on the insurance side of the transaction, after it was announced that the company is spending $425 million to purchase OODA Health.
AARGON AGENCY PARTNERS WITH INTERACTIONS TO ACCELERATE THE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF ITS CONTACT CENTER
- Interactions, one of the world’s largest standalone conversational artificial intelligence (AI) companies, today announced that Aargon Agency, a leading accounts receivable management (ARM) company that works with major hospital systems and medical offices, is deploying an Interactions Virtual Collection Agent (VCA) to drive revenue recovery while streamlining the customer and agent experience.
READ EXPERT PERSPECTIVES ON TRENDING COMPLIANCE TOPICS
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest. You’ll get insights and opinions from 10 different compliance experts — Stacy Rodriguez, David Kaminski, Rick Perr, Stefanie Jackman, Helen Mac Murray, Cooper Walker, Patrick Newman, Sarah DeMoss, Jonathan Robbin, and Lauren Burnette — discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else. The Compliance Digest is sponsored by The Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: How to use avocados or onions to give your t-shirts new life … Publix is bringing back free cookies … COVID-19 has led a lot of people to make the decision to retire … How to use your backyard to grow enough food to live on … Deals and freebies that are available today … Experts don’t trust Americans to be honest when it comes to following the new mask guidance … Gift ideas for new graduates who are heading out into the workforce … Long work hours are killing 745,000 people a year, according to a new study
Wisdom from the “happiest man on Earth”
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.