JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FDCPA CASE OVER DISPUTE NOTIFICATION IN LETTER
- A District Court judge in Pennsylvania has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss after it was sued for allegedly violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by not specifically mentioning in the validation notice that a dispute had to be filed in writing, because the plaintiff lacked standing to sue and failed to state a claim upon which relief could be granted.
JUDGE GRANTS PLAINTIFF’S RECONSIDERATION MOTION IN TCPA CASE OVER GOV’T DEBT EXCEPTION
- A District Court judge in Delaware has granted a plaintiff’s motion for reconsideration in a Telephone Consumer Protection Act case, ruling that the Supreme Court’s decision to invalidate the exception for using an automated telephone dialing system to collect on debts owed to the federal government means that companies that used that exception should be liable for the calls that were made while the exception was in place.
BILL INTRODUCED TO CURB SALARIES AT CFPB
- A bill has been introduced in the Senate that seeks to “increase accountability” at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau by aligning the pay of its employees with that of other employees working in the federal government.
FCC LAUNCHES DATABASE TO DETAIL CARRIERS’ ROBOCALL MITIGATION EFFORTS
- The Federal Communications Commission yesterday announced it has created a Robocall Mitigation Database, which voice service providers will be required to use as a means of certifying their efforts at mitigating robocalls from being connected to consumers’ phones. Starting September 28, phone companies will be forced to refuse traffic from voice service providers who are not listed in the database.
FTC ISSUES WARNING ABOUT AVOIDING RACISM WHEN USING AI
- Artificial intelligence has become a big buzzword in the accounts receivable management industry during the past couple of years. Companies are using AI to help identify which accounts to contact and when to contact them and using algorithms to help them make more decisions and handle more collection inquiries. The Federal Trade Commission dropped another buzzword yesterday in a warning about the growth of AI: racism.
WORTH NOTING: Is this the best way to make bacon? … Now you can live like a LaRusso, for only $2.65 million … LinkedIn has published data to help you get responses to the messages you send on the platform … Techniques to help you become an unforgettable presenter … A story about how ice cream machines at McDonald’s were hacked … One of the secrets to being Tom Cruise … What’s better? The new M1 MacBooks or the Microsoft Surface? … Dressing old school is now cool.
How to find your AirPods
How the world’s tallest skyscraper was built
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.