TRIO OF COLLECTION ATTORNEYS CHARGED WITH RACKETEERING, ACCUSED OF FORGING PROOF OF SERVICE DOCS
- A trio of Michigan attorneys have been arrested and charged with racketeering and obstruction of justice, among other charges, by allegedly operating a scheme through which they forged documents that were filed in state court seeking to collect on debts that individuals did not owe.
FALSE THREATS NETS COLLECTOR LIFETIME BAN FROM INDUSTRY
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau yesterday announced it had entered into a consent order with a debt collector and its owner for falsely threatening to take legal action against individuals and that the company and the owner have been permanently banned from the industry and ordered to pay $860,000 in redress to its victims, which has been suspended due to an inability to pay.
VIDEO: ANSWERING MORE OF YOUR CREDIT REPORTING QUESTIONS
- Compliance is not always binary. It is not always black-and-white. Sometimes, companies are going to have to make choices based on how risky or conservative they want to be. Those situations feature prominently in the latest episode of “Ask The Credit Reporting Expert” in which Sarah DeMoss, the Director of Compliance and Licensing at Premiere Credit of North America answers three questions that were submitted by the audience of AccountsRecovery.net. And while making a choice about a compliance issue may not be black or white, it is paramount for companies to be consistent once that choice is made, DeMoss said when providing her answers.
NONPROFIT HOSPITALS NOT AS GIVING AS FOR-PROFIT, GOV’T FACILITIES: REPORT
- Even though they are receiving exemptions from having to pay their taxes because of the amount of charity care they are supposed to be providing, nonprofit hospitals provided less charity care than for-profit hospitals, according to the details of a study released earlier this week.
CMS SERVICES LAUNCHES FREE TERMS & CONDITIONS DATABASE WITH AGREEMENTS FROM HUNDREDS OF CREDITORS NATIONWIDE
- CMS Services, a leading provider of compliance management services to the Accounts Receivable Management industry, is excited to announce the launch of its Bank Terms & Conditions portal, providing copies of the terms and conditions issued by hundreds of credit grantors and financial institutions nationwide from each quarter dating back to 2011. The portal offers complete copies of the different terms and conditions that were collected and published by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in an easy-to-navigate website that is free for anyone to access.
WORTH NOTING: An illustrated guide to help you make sense of the COVID-19 variants that are popping up everywhere … A lot of affluent people have spent the pandemic getting their finances in order … The CEO of JPMorgan says that the economy is going to “boom” … Warning signs that a remote worker is getting ready to quit … Does this mean I am going to have to resort to using mayo for my fries? … How a sponsor might help you advance your career more than a mentor … Half of U.S. parents say they will vaccinate their kids against COVID-19 … Five states — go New Jersey! — account for nearly half of new COVID-19 cases.
If there is a better tradition than this, I don’t know of it
What you need to know about sending your kid to summer camp
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.