HOW TO MAKE NEW HIRE TRAINING EFFECTIVE IN A REMOTE WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Training new collectors is relatively the same whether it is being done in person or remotely, but the other aspects of bringing in new employees are not so easily replicated when those individuals are not in the office together, and collection agencies need to make sure to focus time and attention on helping new hires bond with their co-workers and teaching them about the company’s corporate culture, according to a panel of industry professionals who spoke last week during a webinar — sponsored by Peak Revenue Learning — about the topic.
JUDGE DENIES MTD IN FDCPA CLASS ACTION OVER CONTINUANCE REQUESTS IN UNDERLYING COLLECTION SUITS
- A District Court judge in Pennsylvania has denied a defendant’s motion to dismiss a class-action lawsuit claiming it allegedly violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by engaging in a “policy and practice of seeking a continuance in a state-court debt-collection action by falsely representing, on the day of the hearing, that it needs a continuance to procure a witness for the hearing.”
JUDGE GRANTS MTD IN FCRA CASE OVER DISCREPANCY IN DEBT AMOUNTS FURNISHED TO CRA
- A District Court judge in Maryland has granted a defendant’s motion to dismiss, ruling that a plaintiff lacked standing to claim the defendant violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act when it furnished information that the amount that was past due on a loan was less than the amount that had been written off.
DCM SERVICES NAMES SCOTT FOSTER DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHCARE REVENUE CYCLE
- DCM Services, LLC (DCMS) the industry leader in estate and specialty account recovery solutions, announced the hiring of Scott Foster, MBA, CHFP, CRCR as Director of Business Development, Healthcare Revenue Cycle.
READ EXPERT PERSPECTIVES ON TRENDING COMPLIANCE TOPICS
- Click here to read this week’s Compliance Digest. You’ll get insights and opinions from eight different compliance experts — Michael Klutho, Aylix Jensen, Caren Enloe, Brent Yarborough, Helen Mac Murray, Cooper Walker, Carlos Ortiz, and Lawrence Bartel — discussing the impact of recent court cases and legislative updates. You’re not going to get that kind of varied perspective anywhere else. The Compliance Digest is sponsored by The Bedard Law Group.
WORTH NOTING: How to help yourself stay focused … Win the lottery and then lose the ticket, almost … Monopoly is getting a makeover by updating some of the “community chest” cards … Why you should always start a speech or presentation with a story … Cereal straws are coming back, thanks to popular demand … If you needed another reason to get vaccinated, Krispy Kreme is here to help … How to teach your kids about money … It was an odd weekend of college basketball games and there are no perfect brackets left already … Another reason to not move to Florida — toilet-invading iguanas.
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.