NEW SERIES TACKLES REAL-WORLD CREDIT REPORTING SCENARIOS
- Of all the different parts that make up collecting debt and running a successful collection operation, perhaps the most risky and complicated component is credit reporting. Collection agencies that opt to furnish information to credit reporting agencies face significantly more risks than those that do not furnish information, but the payoff is the expectation that furnishing will open more doors to potential clients and will result in more dollars being collected. To help collection operations that are furnishers, and to help collection operations that are considering doing so, AccountsRecovery.net has launched a new video series, “Ask the Credit Reporting Expert.”
APPEALS COURT OVERTURNS DISMISSAL OF FDCPA SUIT, BUT SAYS DEFENDANT CAN INVOKE BFE DEFENSE
- The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has overturned the dismissal of a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act lawsuit, ruling that the strict liability of the statute applies when a collector threatens to file a lawsuit outside the statute of limitations window, but emphasizing that such a threat may be covered by the bona fide error defense.
JUDGE DISMISSES CREDIT REPORT ORG. SUIT AGAINST CFPB, FTC
- A District Court judge in Florida has granted a motion to dismiss after the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission were sued by a trade association representing credit repair organizations that accused the regulators of overstepping their constitutional authority and that the Telemarketing Sales Rule is unconstitutional.
GROUPS CALL FOR STIMULUS FUNDS TO BE PROTECTED FROM GARNISHMENT; LEGISLATIVE PROPOSAL FORTHCOMING
- Now that another round of stimulus payments is on the horizon for people across America, it is time for another round of articles aimed at making sure that the big, bad debt collectors don’t come in and take that money away from people who really need it. To that end, we have legislation that is going to be proposed in Congress that protect the stimulus payments from being seized by private debt collectors and a letter from 19 different consumer advocacies and banking trade groups seeking to have those funds protected from garnishment.
MARK YOUR 2021 CALENDAR TODAY!
- Tired of hype? Hysteria? Politics? Low on Vitamin D? With all that you have been through in 2020, the Covid Pandemic, the election and all the fun that came afterwards, you and your family deserve a break. Come to the Funshine state. We will put you in a relaxed state of mind and educate you at the same time.
WORTH NOTING: A lot of people have moved in the past year; what happens when their offices re-open? … The benefits of a virtual court hearing … Americans have cut a lot of credit card debt during the pandemic … A calculator to tell you how much you are going to receive under the new stimulus package … The amount of money that makes you less likely to be happy … Just another thing you might be able to get at Dollar General … Owners of certain Kia models are being urged to park their cars away from their houses because they may catch fire … If you’re wondering who is to blame for rising gas prices.
How to clean and care for pillows
The hidden secret to achieving your goals
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.