BEDARD DISCUSSES EXCEPTIONS TO CEASE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS
- When it released its debt collection rule, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau did not make a lot of changes to how the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act restricts the use of harassing, oppressive, and abusive behavior, but it did make some subtle changes, and they are changes that collectors need to be aware of. In the latest episode of, “You Wanted a Rule, You Got a Rule,” John Bedard of Bedard Law Group finishes off Section 1006.14 of the debt collection rule, walking through some of the new wrinkles that are different from what was originally included in the FDCPA.
JUDGE DENIES MTD OVER REINVESTIGATION OF DISPUTE IN FCRA CASE
- A District Court judge in Massachusetts has denied a defendant’s motion to dismiss a Fair Credit Reporting Act case after it was sued for not properly investigating a dispute arising from an individual claiming loans taken out in his name were the result of identity theft.
CFPB ANNOUNCES FIRST ENFORCEMENT ACTION UNDER NEW LEADERSHIP
- The post-Kraninger Consumer Financial Protection Bureau announced its first enforcement action yesterday, and while it might not directly relate to the accounts receivable management industry, there are a number of insights that the industry can and should glean from the news.
SENATE COMMITTEE ANNOUNCES HEARING DATE FOR CHOPRA CONFIRMATION
- The Senate Banking Committee announced yesterday that it will hold its confirmation hearing for the nomination of Rohit Chopra to be the next director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on Tuesday, March 2.
ECOLLECTIONS DEBT MANAGEMENT PLATFORM ANNOUNCES NEW BUSINESS IMPORT TOOL
- Sentinel Development Solutions is pleased to announce the release of eImport, our new import tool that provides eCollections customers with a powerful new way to accept and prepare new business for collection/recovery activity.
WORTH NOTING: How young people have struggled with friendship during the pandemic … This is now officially getting out of hand … The “Dog Whisperer” on how the pandemic is affecting pets … A Hollywood compliance officer on how to safely reopen your office … How to get into the productivity zone … If you live in Texas, you now have more time to file your tax returns … Teachers may spread COVID-19 more than students, according to new research … People are making a lot of money using Cameo … A lot of people are afraid of changing jobs right now.
Watch Perseverance touch down on Mars
Marking 500,000 deaths from COVID-19
The Daily Digest is sponsored by TCN. Today, contact centers need to do more with less. TCN’s cloud-based predictive dialing tools and services help clients to leverage the most sophisticated inbound, outbound, and blended calling technologies available. TCN’s award-winning platform offers multiple features to assist in compliance while improving performance with no hardware, no monthly minimums, or maintenance fees. Call 866-745-1900 or visit tcn.com today.